Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This popped up in my local want-ads today.
They are asking more than I would be willing to pay, but I just think the fact that it exists, and is 12 miles away from me is interesting.
Ad on KSL
A photo from the ad.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So, are you getting it.....??? :blush:

If it was in my area I'd probably be all over it.....!
The diesel (certainly a Yanmar) engine part is very attractive.
It's not so much a "been there, done that, got the T-shirt". It looks well used, and for $2000 I'd like some assurance it had enough life left in it that I wouldn't have to stay in Yanmar Ronins spare bedroom again picking up parts just to keep it going.

edit: another photo from the ad showing some roughness.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
if it was 2500 miles closer id be there with a $1500 offer !

Reactions: Kiss4aFrog

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Man, that's a serious hunk of a snow thro !! Any way you could compel your wife to run the thing ???...side by side !!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
You brought up a good point about parts.
How can you differentiate equipment like this from "well used" to the "used up" categories?
Some commercial grade stuff can look like a rusted heap, made to be abused, but still works great.
Others are designed to work great if you take the effort to keep them up and proper TLC.
I think my Honda is in the latter category. ;-)

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
I wouldn't hae believed there were more than 1/2 doz. in the whole country.... And here is another one 15 minutes from you. Amazing.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It may be that the young lady operating this is just real small, or the machine is much bigger than I imagined. Looks to be the same model as the one in the OP.

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
It may be that the young lady operating this is just real small, or the machine is much bigger than I imagined. Looks to be the same model as the one in the OP
The OP model has a 16HP engine, this one has a 24HP engine, I would think that this one is a much larger machine compared to the one on the OP.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's very possible that they scaled two different chassis for the two powerplants. If you compare things like louvers, headlight, fuel cap cutout and that dark cylindrical thingy sticking out the side of the cowling, they look the same.

I'd go take a look at it, but I am afraid what that could turn into.

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Yes they do look very alike. I also think that the 24 is scaled up compared to the 16.
I may be wrong, I'm just going by the model designation that seems to indicate the engine size (like your blower is a 9 for 9HP).
Agreed, going to look at something (that you know you should not even be considering buying) that you really like is an uncertain situation. :blush::blush::blush:

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
...going to look at something (that you know you should not even be considering buying) that you really like is an uncertain situation. :blush::blush::blush:
I know how weak I could be. I dont need to tell you. I know how many you have collected. As it is I'm trying to not think about it.
Here is a vid of a 16. control levers are slightly different however.

And a 13

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
Are Wado and JDM different manufacturers or ??
Where do you get parts for something like this here in the states ??

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
:welcome: to SBF moresnowplease

Hopefully you have a friend in Japan for parts.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts