Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
9,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there was a lot of dissension recently when a couple members asked to have their accounts deleted. Scot and I tried to handle it as best we could but our options were limited and we weren't getting any guidance from " above " :)
For me it was the last straw and after taking some time to think it over asked to be retired as a moderator. It's just come to the point where there are other things I can be doing with my time that benefit me more and aggravate me less.
Today, six days after asking to step down I received a reply that to me just seems a little empty and especially rubs me the wrong way saying they're giving me a gift by letting me keep the premium membership. And that six day delay is nothing new. It's been common in the past to get a very delayed or no response to questions.
To be clear, I didn't pay for the premium membership but I sure feel I've earned it over the years with all the time I've put into SBF. But that's just me.
I no longer have access to the staff area and can't do anything that a "regular" member can't so if you need anything special best to lean on Scot or one of the remaining Mods.

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
I kinda know how you feel. I run a couple groups and sites on the internet. All for free and for hundreds and hundreds of hours.
Sometimes you wonder if anyone knows what you are doing.

I thank you for helping me the last couple years here.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I kinda know how you feel. I run a couple groups and sites on the internet. All for free and for hundreds and hundreds of hours.
Sometimes you wonder if anyone knows what you are doing.

I thank you for helping me the last couple years here.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Thank you for all the years of being fair, knowledgeable, humorous and at times a shoulder to cry on Mark. Glad to know you will still be sticking your head in the door and good luck and health to you and the GF.

Reactions: Kiss4aFrog

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Thank you for efforts on this forum, your comments and input over the years have shown you to be a true gentleman, which is a rare thing these days. Glad we will still be benefiting from your knowledge and experiences.

Reactions: Kiss4aFrog

·
Super Moderator
3,858 Posts
Mark, thanks for everything! You've been a great mod and you will be missed. I'm sure we will still see you around though! I totally get where you are coming from, and actually..ive been thinking about "retiring" as well..perhaps not yet though..but again, thanks for all you have done! And I agree, you are a true gentleman.

Scot

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I know there was a lot of dissension recently when a couple members asked to have their accounts deleted. Scot and I tried to handle it as best we could but our options were limited and we weren't getting any guidance from " above " :)
For me it was the last straw and after taking some time to think it over asked to be retired as a moderator. It's just come to the point where there are other things I can be doing with my time that benefit me more and aggravate me less.
Today, six days after asking to step down I received a reply that to me just seems a little empty and especially rubs me the wrong way saying they're giving me a gift by letting me keep the premium membership. And that six day delay is nothing new. It's been common in the past to get a very delayed or no response to questions.
To be clear, I didn't pay for the premium membership but I sure feel I've earned it over the years with all the time I've put into SBF. But that's just me.
I no longer have access to the staff area and can't do anything that a "regular" member can't so if you need anything special best to lean on Scot or one of the remaining Mods.
I have not been on for a while. So I don't know what went on, nor do I think I want to.
The "above", run another forum I am on, to put it short, it is their way or no way. If you get an answer at all. :rolleyes:
How you going to get along without all the extra money coming in? :D

Enjoy your premium membership...........next year most likely you will have to pay. :whistle:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts