Snowblower Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
if your waiting on the US post office don't hold your breath to long. i just had a 3rd day priority mail package show up Saturday that took 30 days to get from Florida,
Wow! That was FAST delivery! Right now that normally takes at least 70 days for that distance, I have been dealing with plenty of that.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I just received several 2-day Priority Express packages that were mailed over a month ago. Still waiting on some.
Multiply each day times 30, you can expect it in 60 days right now the way things are moving, and it is NOT because of Covid, it IS from Intentional slow-downs from the Postmaster General's orders to all USPS in the country.

·
Registered
519 Posts
That order was rescinded in September. If you are going to drag politics into the thread at least be accurate. The Postal Service can not refuse all the overflow that the private carriers stopped accepting because they were overloaded too and the volume is overwhelming. And Covid IS a factor.

USPS Service Alerts

Reactions: db130

·
Registered
939 Posts
There are a lot of factors and it is just disappointing they can not adjust better to the changing environment better. I am steering clear of politics here. I am seeing more and more Amazon delivery trucks in my area. I saw the first one about 2 years ago. It was something I saw on occasion. In the past few months I see multiple trucks most every day. Pre pandemic I used to get most packages early. The USPS was very efficient. Now I am experiencing what others have mentioned above. It has impacted my decision making on buying local vs. on line. I am sure I am not alone. The good thing is local businesses are being better supported. If you want to deliver for Amazon and have a truck, you can make a job for yoruself.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
That order was rescinded in September. If you are going to drag politics into the thread at least be accurate. The Postal Service can not refuse all the overflow that the private carriers stopped accepting because they were overloaded too and the volume is overwhelming. And Covid IS a factor.

USPS Service Alerts
That order is still in effect, it will be until the new president takes over, I do work for the post office. I'm not into politics either.
Right now our local post offices are slow because they are not getting any mail in from the local distribution centers.
Our local distribution centers are slow, and when they get mail in, they are told to put a 'hold' on it and miss direct it to other places instead of sending it out to the local post office down the street, they ship it a couple of hundred miles away to a 'holding' area until it is given permission to be released and sent on its way.
The trailers storing it are overwhelmed with it, the workers are standing around bored from not being able to deliver it to where it is supposed to go. They are actually laying people off now because of the lack of work.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
That entire P.O.situation will be fixed very shortly.
Yes it will, and then they will become 'Overwhelmed' with trying to find where everything was sent to so they can get it back and sent on its way.
They will have a year long back log because of it.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Auger1: get a chance to use them yet? is that a sealed bearing (old eyes)?

tx

·
Super Moderator
1,638 Posts
Yes it will, and then they will become 'Overwhelmed' with trying to find where everything was sent to so they can get it back and sent on its way.
They will have a year long back log because of it.
i asked a guy across the street who works for usps ,his words were there is mail staked to the roof all over no room in the yard to park more trailers, when asked about internal orders? he simply stated one word, YES!

i used to see a special early am usps truck delivering amazon packages that been gone for about 2 months replaced by gray prime trucks

·
Registered
398 Posts
if your waiting on the US post office don't hold your breath to long. i just had a 3rd day priority mail package show up Saturday that took 30 days to get from Florida,
I have an entire blower housing for the HS622 on it's way from Wisconsin. The tracking number on 'packagetrkr.com' says after the local USPS got it, it was shipped to Oklahoma! The wrong direction! My wife watched a xmas pkg get shipped three times from the origination to California 3 times before it finally started heading this way. Looked like it went through a snowblower when it finally got here.
The bucket is supposed to have the chute poker attached....I'll be pleasantly surprised if it arrives with the bucket, if at all.

·
Registered
398 Posts

USPS Service Alerts
The postmaster General is named DeJoy. He owns delivery services that compete with the USPS. He ordered sorting machines out of Post Offices. DeJoy did not rescind it, it was only a court order that got him to stop. And he never replaced the machines!!!! That was 90% of the reason mail is bad now. Not only that, it is a federal offense to slow the mail.
Don't bother me, mods. There's pictures of the machines sitting in heaps outside in the weather. I can show the court order that stopped DeJoy. Everything I post here, I can prove as factual truth. The only reason to remove this post is for those easily offended by the bare truth.
And, Covid is a factor.
PS: Joe Biden is president-elect. Trump lost!!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.