Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone blowing snow anymore?

We haven't got any snow on the ground besides the remains of snowbanks here and there. I kinda like having warmer weather finally, but I have to admit that snow can be alot of fun!:)

So does anyone else have any snow around yet?

·
Registered
68 Posts
our snow is gone,its raining, the grass is brownish and i'm going to probably put the blower away for the season pretty soon. yes i'm looking at the lawnmower and when i'm going to ready it up for the season,i'm getting kind of anxious to start spring/summer and cooking out in the backyard.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Same here. Last week we got the gardens mulched, trees trimmed and I changed the oil in the snowblower. A good clean up on it next unless there is that last snow that sometimes comes here in MD in March, but only rain forcast for this weekend.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
We still have snow/ice on the ground, but today it was rain and 44 degrees. I will keep the equipment ready to go for at least 2 or 3 weeks. Going to Texas week after next so I assume I will get an early start on warm weather there.

·
Super Moderator
3,855 Posts
Winter in Western NY is 5 months..the entire months of November, December, January, February and March..

March is still 100% winter..there isnt much spring-like weather at all in March..maybe some days start to hit 40 for the first time in March and the snow begins to melt, but its still below freezing at night through most of March..snow is still very likely.

April is the transitional month between winter and spring..April is half winter and half spring..(we often get snow in April..but its winding down by then)
May is when "real spring" arrives..

This is getting to be the time of year where "the last snow" might come, but I doubt it has yet, its still too early, winter is only 80% over..
im sure the snowblower will be used once or twice more this season..I dont pack it away and bring out the lawnmower until early May..

Scot

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Im like sscotsman.... Still winter here... Single digits in the am, and I can count the days we have had over 30 on one hand!!! Been a BAD winter!!!!!!!!Looking out over my back yard, I see my Ingersoll444 with snow over the top of the front wheels, and the foot plates... so thats a good foot and a half there... I still have a little pack ice on the drive, but I can finly see the bench of my pinic table for the first time sence dec..... it was a cold damp 35 yesterday, and we got little melt... today they say a rainy 40... so that might drop a little... Saying maybe a snowstorm sunday night.... ya... the blowers going nowere yet!!!!!!!

I am SOOOOOO sick of this winter!!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Winter is still here in N.H. Been having below zero temps and still have 2-3 ft snow on the ground. Winter is not over yet. Mother's Day is about the end of winter. History says we will have at least 1 more big snow storm before winter ends. I have seen 20" snow storm in late April.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Snowing here again today. Supposed to get 2 to 4 of the heavy wet stuff. All of next week forecast is for above freezing temps. Depending on what is there in the morning I may just let this one melt on it’s own.

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
It tried to snow yesterday, but didn't really do any more than wet the ground like rain. Looking over the forecast for the next week it's supposed to be in the 40s everyday. Might still get some, but I'd guess we're pretty well done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts