Thanks for ur help guys.. and sorry from my poor english

·
Registered
267 Posts
Need to clean carburator?
Or need adjust ?
Thanks for ur help guys.. and sorry from my poor english

Bonjour, mon ami,

Vous pouvez voir que le gouverneur travaille dur pour maintenir ce moteur en marche.

Je remplacerais simplement le carburateur.
Vous pouvez en acheter un pour probablement moins de 20 $ sur Amazon. Bien sûr, vous voulez vider le réservoir et le rincer avec du gaz propre. Peut-être aussi mettre une nouvelle ligne de carburant. Parfois, ils pourrissent à l'intérieur et les particules obstruent le carburateur.

Je parie que ton Anglais est meilleur que mon Français .... :wink2:

Bonne chance avec ça! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Need to clean carburator?
Or need adjust ?

Most carburetors these days (and for a while now) are not adjustable for the fuel/air mixture. The main option is cleaning them. 1132le, what adjustment are you referring to?

Bolack, you can look on the bottom of your carburetor bowl. If there is a screw sticking out of the bottom, with a spring under the head, that would be an adjustment screw for the mixture. Like what is shown in the picture, the screw that is under the center of the carburetor:

https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-Carburetor-Tecumseh-632107A-SNOWBLOWER/dp/B01FOVGPTE

If yours does not have a screw sticking out of the bottom, in the middle, like this, then it probably cannot be adjusted. If the machine is less than maybe 10 years old (I am making a guess), then the carburetor probably cannot be adjusted.

You will likely need to disassemble and clean the carburetor.

Try some seafoam or some other cleaner in the gas first before tearing it apart.

This is worth a try, certainly. It's easy. Seafoam has not fixed any surging carburetors for me, but others have had success with it. Other cleaners may be better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Un gros merci pour cette réponse rapide mon ami... vais acheter un autre carburateur.. et non ton francais est meilleur que mon anglais..
Amicalement Roger

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
For a thorough job, remove the side Welch plug. There are several small holes there that are directly relevant to idling and hunting. You may be successful without removing this plug.

·
Premium Member
4,803 Posts
Thank all for ur reply...
i will try seafom and clening this...
seafoam may work but probably won't. there are a lot of videos on you-tube addressing this problem. it's really not that difficult. the first time i dug into a carb , i was a little anxious about screwing it up but if you take your time and are methodical about it , it is fairly easy.

check back when you find a solution. your results will help other people with the same problem.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Here's a little tip (dont ask how I know!)-
Before you start taking apart your carb, lay a grease rag or old towel on your bench and work over it. That way if anything falls out it won't bounce off on to the floor. Saves time and frustration.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,803 Posts
that rag trick works well. I use a white cloth. same thing. my wife doesnt like the smell of carb cleaner in the house but i asked her if she wanted to go to the bars instead.

the picture taking method which i learned here has saved my butt a couple times.

·
Registered
871 Posts
problem with seafoam is if fuel is not getting sucked up by air to all of the carb passages due to blockage then seafoam cant clean those passages, and if air passages are plugged/dirty seafoam doesnt use those passages.

if the fuel doesnt move through an opening then seafoam cant clean them. its good as a maintainer but if carbs been neglected its best to take it out and remove the jets, etc and clean it throughly w/a cleaner and a small wire and if u have one an unltrasonic cleaner. once thats done then seafoam cleaners and alike can keep the carb properly cleaned/tuned.

but really, this is my 3rd time cleaning any carb, its not brain surgery, plenty of utube vids to help u out, once u get the hang of it it literally takes no time at all, plus u get to feel like u got something fixed with your man hands, lol

imo, ymmv

i just got a sb that wouldnt start/run. i just gave it a quick teardown and clean of the carb, by no means thorough, just to see if it "could" run. it started but ran but like crap. the second teardown of the carb i'll remove the jets etc and clean it thoroughly to even out the revs.

this is after the quick clean/teardown, its a 2 stroke but same applys to a 4 stroke

1 - 15 of 15 Posts