Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since the website was updated I have had this problem. The site will refresh 3-4 times going back to the page I was previously on and sometimes going to a page telling me the site is having trouble loading and I have to start all over again. It happens whether I'm just reading a post or trying to post to a thread like I am now. It's getting very annoying. I sent a message to the Admin but never heard from them.
:(
:banghead:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am experiencing the same problem. Some days it is OK and other days, like today, it keeps rebooting and then I get the same message. I tried going back to the old website format and it did the same thing. I thought it was my computer.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to know I'm not the only one! It could still be our computers, I just haven't been able to fix it if it is. I'm running Windows 10 with the Edge browser, does the same thing on our sister site My Tractor Forum.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
I tried going back to the old website format and it did the same thing.
You can do that? How?

I have to say I liked the old layout quite a bit better than this one.

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
You can do that? How?

I have to say I liked the old layout quite a bit better than this one.
Scroll way down clear to the bottom left and click on snowblower forums "classic" . That'll do it. I did it after using the new "improved" page for two days. And I don't have any problems with any rebooting.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Fantastic... thanks!

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
I got the same problem here does not matter which side I am on because I can not return to the old one.:wacko::wacko::wacko:

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
Think maybe you all may have server problems?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just to update...

I've heard back from the Admin, but to no avail. It seems everyone thinks it's on my end. For instance if it was a server my internet service uses why wouldn't it happen on other websites? Also my use of Windows 10 and the Edge browser would be the problem on other websites too.
Now everytime I go to access the website I have to log in again even though I check the "remember me" box at log in. Yesterday I even had to change my password again.
To clarify it does happen on another website, our sister website, mytractorforum.com.
I have the suspicion it has something to do with these websites becoming more mobile device friendly. Since this is a straight, no touch screen, computer it may not communicate well with the new website mods. I don't really know and I'm not really upset about it all, just disappointed.
The website rebooted three times before it stabilized so I could write this post. Even so I've taken to coping my post before I submit them because sometimes it doesn't submit them and reverts to the previous page.
At any rate if after awhile you don't hear from me you'll know I just got tired of the hassle.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have you guys tried another web browser? Like maybe Google Chrome
I don't understand why I should have to use a different web browser for just one website? If this website is not compatible with my browser, a web browser used by millions of people, it doesn't seem like it's my problem. I'm not terribly computer literate but that just doesn't seem logical.

·
Registered
102 Posts
windows 8.1 using I.E. no prob.....laptop windows 10 also using I.E. turned off edge ,did not like it., no probs
I also went back to the old style site

those probs "may" be caused by your web page data settings. this checks for changes to stored web pages. if set to automatic it will check and update (refresh) the web page every time there is a change to it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Those having problems with the Edge browser can load IE. It still comes with Windows 10, but Microsoft hides it. Just click Start and type "interent explorer " and the selection will come up highlighted. Press Enter to run it. Once it's running you can right-click on its instance in your taskbar and choose "pin to taskbar" to have it always available with one click.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank You SnowG and ctdave...

Those having problems with the Edge browser can load IE. It still comes with Windows 10, but Microsoft hides it. Just click Start and type "interent explorer " and the selection will come up highlighted. Press Enter to run it. Once it's running you can right-click on its instance in your taskbar and choose "pin to taskbar" to have it always available with one click.
windows 8.1 using I.E. no prob.....laptop windows 10 also using I.E. turned off edge ,did not like it., no probs
I also went back to the old style site

those probs "may" be caused by your web page data settings. this checks for changes to stored web pages. if set to automatic it will check and update (refresh) the web page every time there is a change to it.

I think I've found a work around for the problem.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am still experiencing the problem. Very frustrating. Cannot use this forum for first 10 minutes of use. No problems with any of the other forums I visit.

·
Super Moderator
3,855 Posts
I don't understand why I should have to use a different web browser for just one website? If this website is not compatible with my browser, a web browser used by millions of people, it doesn't seem like it's my problem. I'm not terribly computer literate but that just doesn't seem logical.
1. You are correct, in an ideal world, it shouldn't be your problem.
but..
2. In reality, it is your problem, because it's not going to be fixed anytime soon! ;) if ever..so the only person who can fix it for you..is you.

Im using Windows 7 with Firefox at home..and Windows 7 with Chrome at work.
I have had zero issues with this forum..ever. even after the recent upgrade, no problems whatsoever.
(I stayed on the new format, didn't switch back)

so..the only logical conclusion is that its a Windows 10 and/or Edge browser problem.
the only solution that has any real chance of working is: switch browsers.

Its easy to import all your bookmarks and saved passwords from one browser to another..you dont have to start from scratch and re-populate a new browser.
yes, its a hassle to switch, takes 10 to 15 minutes..but once you are switched, these sort of issues go away, forever.
(and its not going to be only this forum..there will be more)

Firefox owes its success to IE being such a lousy browser..Edge might not be any better.
I would recommend Firefox or Chrome, either is great.

Scot

1 - 18 of 18 Posts