Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever see a Jacobsen blower like this ???

The seller is supposed to send me some additional photos later today.
Never seen anything like it, unless it's some sort of frankenblower.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a few more pics...

I've determined the model name is "Super Snow Jet Auger Plow" and vintage 1960's as far as I can tell.
Looks like a complicated design and I'm certain replacement parts are not available.
I just thought I'd post it here for posterity.

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
The official model name is "Super Snow Jet Auger Plow" from 1964.

A few more pics...

I may be up up near the seller Sunday or Monday and have a look at it, just for kicks.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Thanks for sharing.
Did Jacobsen make that engine or had they given up on that by this time?
I see you need to bring a length of rope to start this one of you don't have 110 for the electric start.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for sharing.
Did Jacobsen make that engine or had they given up on that by this time?
I see you need to bring a length of rope to start this one of you don't have 110 for the electric start.
I noticed the lack of a recoil assembly also.
I think Jacobsen stopped building their own in the late 60's, perhaps early 70's, but don't quote me on that.
I think they were still making their own 2 strokes when this blower was made though. Not sure about 4 strokes.

The seller stated that the engine was a tecumseh.

I might just have a look at it tomorrow. Looks like a big single stage to me.
I don't think there is an impeller.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
At first I thought it was a Clinton engine ... but it could be a Tecumseh. I see them pop up once in awhile on auctions and estate sales. Pretty heavy duty fo a singe stage huh! Not to easy to throw in the back of the truck by yourself.... ;>P I bet you can do better than what he's asking if he's not willing to deal. Parts are going to be scarce for sure. Kinda neat but maybe only $75 neat......

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've thought about it a bit and came to the conclusion that I just don't want a blower that you can't get parts for.
If it was a typical auger/impeller/drive setup then maybe you could scavenge parts from other machines, but this thing looks to have a number of very specifically designed parts.
I'll let someone else take a chance on it.

·
Retired Moderator
9,915 Posts
Have one sitting in Northern MN but can't get the guy to answer email.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Man....look at the steel on that thing!
Not like the puny gauge we get on machines today. That thing could take a hit from a TOW missile and not so much as drop a single rpm.....lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts