Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Last year was a dud in NJ - only two snowfall events each with 3-4" of heavy wet snow

I am feeling this year is going to be different :grin:

And when there is a new machine to try out for the first time it only adds to the excitement!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Oh yes, have the brand new Deluxe 24 finally all together and running pristine and hopefully I’ll get the engine issue figured out with the ST11526 pro before the snow as I have all the other repairs done, worst case I get a adapter plate made up and mount the 414cc LCT engine to it. But either way I’m ready for some snow, don’t tell the wife lol she hates snow.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
I plan on starting my machines up over the thanksgiving holiday weekend. So, far we have been 'lucky/unlucky' in the NE with the weather. But excited to be 'ready'.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Yeah, I'm apprehensive. Recent winters have been complete disappointers :( The weather people suggest that the cold spell we've had in November typically means an e-z winter to follow :(

·
Registered
112 Posts
It has already begun here in Colorado! Enough so that my newly acquired snowblower has already paid for itself, and we are expecting a couple big storms this week! Last winter was a record breaker here. This winter is starting off about average, but average in the Colorado Rockies is nothing to sneeze at... I am always excited for winter, my favorite season by far!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Same here in Penciltucky, last couple of seasons been mild, but they always say...Next year??? Yeah right, just let it happen!!

·
Premium Member
4,810 Posts
they do the same thing around here.......hype up the storms so all the skiers will come up to the resorts and then the snowfall amounts are well below predicted.

2 days ago they said we are getting 18-24 inches. ....this morning our local weather says maybe 1-3 inches.

all winter long they do this. rarely does the weather live up to expectations.

BUT...............sometimes we do get a snowmageddon

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yeah, I'm apprehensive. Recent winters have been complete disappointers :( The weather people suggest that the cold spell we've had in November typically means an e-z winter to follow :(
I am not complaining winter of 15' was it????? Wow now that was scary.....roof collapses and ceiling damage galore!!!!! Ice dams......So much snow in three months.....Not like tahoe but for New E. was bad.

But fun with our Snowblowers for sure..... The paths around the house where over 5 ft it seemed...due to pile from blower build up.

Oh yeah watch WBZ tv4 tonight at 11 giving forecast for Massachusetts/N.E. snowfall this winter what to expect...:smile_big:

·
Registered
686 Posts
they do the same thing around here.......hype up the storms so all the skiers will come up to the resorts and then the snowfall amounts are well below predicted.

2 days ago they said we are getting 18-24 inches. ....this morning our local weather says maybe 1-3 inches.

all winter long they do this. rarely does the weather live up to expectations.

BUT...............sometimes we do get a snowmageddon

That drives me crazy....They always backtrack.....you can see it coming.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I may have gotten too excited with the first snowfall. Bought my first snowblower (Troy Bilt Storm 2410) on November 11 and easily took care of 8 inches of powder. It went so much faster than I expected, so I'm left with a nearly full tank of gas in there and no snow on the horizon until probably the second week of December. Wondering how long I should let that sit before draining? I didn't treat that fuel, but I will from here on out. I guess I just assumed I'd easily go through the less than one gallon I put in there that week, but the snow just stopped at that point and I only ended up needing to do the one pass.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I may have gotten too excited with the first snowfall. Bought my first snowblower (Troy Bilt Storm 2410) on November 11 and easily took care of 8 inches of powder. It went so much faster than I expected, so I'm left with a nearly full tank of gas in there and no snow on the horizon until probably the second week of December. Wondering how long I should let that sit before draining? I didn't treat that fuel, but I will from here on out. I guess I just assumed I'd easily go through the less than one gallon I put in there that week, but the snow just stopped at that point and I only ended up needing to do the one pass.
I would not worry to much about the gas over a month too much. If you are worried and you have some stabilizer handy pour a small amount (ounce or two) in the part full tank and swish it around for a few seconds and then run your engine for five minutes.....

·
Read Only
871 Posts
don't need to swish it,add fire it up the vibrations will do the mixing for you better than you can rocking a machine

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would not worry to much about the gas over a month too much. If you are worried and you have some stabilizer handy pour a small amount (ounce or two) in the part full tank and swish it around for a few seconds and then run your engine for five minutes.....
I do have some, I was apparently just too excited to use the new toy and never mixed it in the gas can before pouring it in the tank. At that point, I was concerned about not adding the right amount to the tank since I didn't know exactly how much was in there and figured it would snow again soon anyway.

I'll do that in the morning, I'm probably overthinking it but all my equipment is either electric or second hand from when we bought our first house, so I want to keep this purchase in pristine condition.

Thanks!

·
Read Only
871 Posts
i would simply top it off with fresh gas with stabilizer in it, 30 days isn't the end of the world, 90 days i would dump it out

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts

Put a little Seafoam in your tank, swish it around a little and run it for a couple minutes. Done.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts