Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
That's the special NorthEast build for New England and I believe its 414cc. I believe the model number is the same as the regular 928+'s. 921037 or something close. Ariens ran out of the regular plus engines so they threw SHO engines on there. it's a one shot deal and won't be in any publications. Search threads for "NorthEAST build" for more info. I believe the MSRP was $1299 in Autumn.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have one of those, and yes it's a 921037 Deluxe 28+. It flat out ROCKS!

I paid $1399 for mine, but that may have been a $200 jack because it was the second to last one of ANY snowblower that shop had and there was a line forming behind me to buy. When I check the Ariens website right after buying, the price was $1419 for the regular 291cc version, but with a website "haggle free pricing" kind of thing for the $1199 price.

I would complain but it wouldn't get me anywhere. It was absolutely PEAK demand, so premium pricing was in effect.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I find it odd that Ariens didn't change the model number with that. I bought my 921037 with the AX291 motor at the beginning of the season and paid $1306 delivered. The dealer took about $200 off the list price. A magnificent machine.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The 414cc LCT engine in a 28" size would be epic. You'd probably be using a higher gear most of the time than you normally would, which would make it faster and more efficient. I'd rather have a smaller housing with a larger motor than the other way around.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
That would be pretty sweet :) Especially if it could handle a larger auger pulley to speed up the impeller and augers.

Side note- I think a system to allow two different ratios for driving the augers & impeller would be cool. Speed them up for small snowfalls, giving faster processing of the snow (allowing a faster ground speed), and more throwing distance. Slow them down for deep, heavy storms, so you can keep churning through the serious stuff.

·
Registered
351 Posts
The 414cc LCT engine in a 28" size would be epic. You'd probably be using a higher gear most of the time than you normally would, which would make it faster and more efficient. I'd rather have a smaller housing with a larger motor than the other way around.
Yes, it's epic! I have it on mine and love it!

Get one and have NO regrets.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yup that's a beast for sure! The only other Ariens 28" offerings with the big motors are the professional and hydro series. Along with a 420cc Briggs engine with a whopping 5.9 quart fuel capacity, they also have 16" augers compared to the 14" on the other machines. The steel housing is much heavier also not requiring a gear case brace as used on the deluxe and platinum lines. Of course there's a hefty price for all that goodness!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yup that's a beast for sure! The only other Ariens 28" offerings with the big motors are the professional and hydro series. Along with a 420cc Briggs engine with a whopping 5.9 quart fuel capacity, they also have 16" augers compared to the 14" on the other machines. The steel housing is much heavier also not requiring a gear case brace as used on the deluxe and platinum lines. Of course there's a hefty price for all that goodness!
Yes, but it's worth every single penny. I tried out the 32" and 28" hydro at the dealer after a big storm, but with the weight I always add to the front, the 32" would be a bear to maneuver off pavement around my property. With the 28" I can haul ass down the driveway where I would be going much slower with the 32", and it is much easier to handle. The added speed makes up for the greater width of the 32". I was really surprised by how much faster I could go with it. The hydro further increases your productivity because you don't have to switch any gears which really helps when working a snow bank back and forth.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yes, but it's worth every single penny. I tried out the 32" and 28" hydro at the dealer after a big storm, but with the weight I always add to the front, the 32" would be a bear to maneuver off pavement around my property. With the 28" I can haul ass down the driveway where I would be going much slower with the 32", and it is much easier to handle. The added speed makes up for the greater width of the 32". I was really surprised by how much faster I could go with it. The hydro further increases your productivity because you don't have to switch any gears which really helps when working a snow bank back and forth.
I've seen a few videos of the hydro in action! What a beast! That's my next unit for sure. Hopefully it won't be for while as i expect to get some more years out of my 2010 deluxe 27. I have the B&S 250cc (1150) engine which I think is plenty powerful for my use. I can only imagine the power of the 420cc! I really like the heavier gauge steel and large fuel capacity they use on those models as well.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I just bought a 4 year old Ariens 921037 with the 291 CC engine. It is amazing! Way better than my old Sears Craftsman ( Murray) with the 8.5 HP engine.My old one would not even compare in power. I paid $1300.

·
Registered
305 Posts
It was a new unit, never sold by the dealer. It was used for demo, and some light clearing.i still have full warranty.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts