And you get a nice fire! 120 V AC into what is clearly a DC motor will NOT work!Just take an extension cord and plug it in until it fires than unplug it. As long as your not running the starter too long it will be fine. You could also buy a cord with a switch on it, I'm sure they still sell them, amazon or wherever. We used to have one laying around. I think it was for Christmas lights, it was an older one with a thick wire. All your doing is instead of using a button to shut it off your pulling the plug off once it fires. 5-10m would be Ariens part number for that cord, I wonder what Tecumseh's part number was for it. Either way they haven't made those starters like that since the 60's so you wont find the cord for that being sold new, so unless you find someone who has one laying around, its not even worth the time or money finding one, like others said, just plug a extension cord in until it fires, than pull it off, it won't hurt the starter.