Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dec 8th I figured by now we would have at least a handful of dustings. But here in New Hampster nothing yet where I am that is measurable. Nor even what I would consider a dusting.

What did Farmers say about this year?
just curious...

· Premium Member
8,206 Posts
Many in this forum have had snow, but most are still without. Nothing here in CT either .... I heard it was supposed to be a white one, but hey, almost60 yesterday and to day ......

· Premium Member
3,032 Posts
We got 3 feet of lake effect snow over 3 days a couple of weeks ago when Buffalo got their 6 or 7 feet.
Ten minutes north they got 4 feet and half an hour south 1.5 - 2 feet, all depends where the lake effect streams set up.
As expected 95% has melted, only a few piles here and there from the town plow and snow blowing.

Snow Car Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nothing here in the Ottawa Ontario / Gatineau Quebec area of Canada.
Grass is still green-ish.
My new $4,000 Honda is still a virgin sitting in the garage.

You mean you have not paraded it up and down the street 4 times telling all the neighbors your just "breaking it in" but in reality you are showing it off?

· Registered
2022 Honda HSS724CTD
139 Posts
You mean you have not paraded it up and down the street 4 times telling all the neighbors your just "breaking it in" but in reality you are showing it off?
Haha... NO. I don't want anyone to see it.
It is probably the nicest one on the street and I always believed that "if you don't want anything stolen then don't let anyone know that you have one".
I wonder if I could pick up some rust decals to put all over it?

· Registered
1,499 Posts
Environment Canada says the Ottawa area got 12 cms of snow in November 2022. Nothing since then. We had a bit more in the suburb of Orleans in a few snowfalls; very wet and heavy. Put about 5 hours on my Pro 28 RapidTrak. Nice to see it working well before Winter starts.

Reactions: dagjohnsen56

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha... NO. I don't want anyone to see it.
It is probably the nicest one on the street and I always believed that "if you don't want anything stolen then don't let anyone know that you have one".
I wonder if I could pick up some rust decals to put all over it?

Better yet paint it yetllow

· Registered
865 Posts
Well, a few weeks ago we wuz promised some snow flurries and we did indeed get that. I counted five of them. As in five snowflakes. It'd be kind of a stretch to pull out a snowblower for that. We might get some more snowflakes on Saturday night but they're also calling for rain, a low of 34°F and a high of 45° the next day so whatever falls isn't going to be around for long.

But when we get hammered it's almost always in either January or February so there is room for optimism yet. That, and we are seriously overdue for some heavy snowfall to make up for the last eight years or so of virtually none. The law of averages HAS to catch up someday. Doesn't it?

· Super Moderator
2,944 Posts
We've had enough to get the blower out twice. The other day we had almost 6" of snow so got the blower out to 'test' it this year. Thought I'd broken something in the drive so took the belt cover off and found a spring had slipped off part of the drive mechanism. Got it out the next morning to move the snow off the sidewalk put there by the city snowplows.
Have not had anything since big enough to do anything other than push it out of the way. I heard on the radio talk about snow tonight or tomorrow but haven't seen anything further on it.

· Registered
63 Posts
Over here on Long Island the temps were in the mid 50’s. The only white stuff on the ground was rca-( recycled concrete aggregate). We added another half truckload of the infamous white stuff, leveled that and then rolled it with a vibratory roller. After which we installed several tons of 2” or better of asphalt. (The black stuff.) again rolled “the black stuff” with vibratory roller.
All work was hand laid. The completed project is now ready for a set of”poly roller skids” for the homeowners enjoyment. Funny part was the GC wanted to know where the young guys were. I told him they were home waiting for Amazon to deliver their video games- but not to worry, the geriatric crew was here. Four men in their mid to late sixties. We had a great day working today. All is well. Enjoy.

· Registered
306 Posts
Guessing I should feel sorry for everyone who hasn't had a chance to get out with your snowblower.
Let's just say my accumulations in the back are 20 or so inches, had 3 events, all with more than 4 inches and a week or two of cooler weather, with windchill hitting -35 C.
Yesterday we were at -1 C and today we hit the +s.
The weather folks are saying we may see a bit more snow Saturday and Sunday, then cooler weather again.
That said, I'm thinking that Vancouver BC may have actually had more snow than some parts of North America so far this year..

1 - 20 of 142 Posts