Snowblower Forum banner
81 - 100 of 142 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
As much as I had somewhat hoped for, it was just drifts and some snow. North of us for almost 15", we might have gotten 7-8" at best, but most was drift as I had brushed things off the evening before. Likely going to all melt through the rest of the week...

· Registered
227 Posts
3 hardpacked solid feet on the ground with another 8-18" forecast for tonite and tomorrow. Global Warming has doubled or tripled our snow load the past several years. Old, ancient True Value Snowower has been getting a workout and holding her own!

· Registered
51 Posts
Well here in what at times has been a major snow fall area, Central NY, I did fire up one of the good old Ariens more or less to make sure it was ready. Had maybe 1.5 inches of rather wet stuff. The discharge chute did plug up a few times when switching direction but otherwise worked good. Maybe the next time there is some I'll give the other one a test run as well.

I knew either one would run good as a few weeks back I had fired them up and did the annual oil change. They did need a little carb cleaning basically drop the fuel bowel and a quick shot of carb cleaner. I have tried running fuel dry, leaving gas in tank with Stabil or just top off the tank after last use in spring. To be honest no matter what I have done they always need a little something to get them to fire up in winter also takes a tank of fresh gas run through them to get them sounding good.

These both have been converted to 15C 107-0040-F8 Briggs snow engines.

· Registered
1 Posts
We've only had @ an 1" so far back around late October here in Mount Pleasant Pa. They keep changing the forecast on this storm that buried north California. Personally I'd love to see what everyone else is getting from this storms come here. We're long overdue for a big storm. Almanac says we're to be getting a good bit of snow but I'm not holding my breath. However I've got my leaf blower and my snowblower locked and loaded so to speak just in case.

· Registered
2022 Honda HSS724CTD
139 Posts
Well it should finally start snowing tonight and going through to Sunday morning.
15-25cm (6-10 inches) of wet heavy snow expected.
This is what I have been waiting for to try out my new Honda HSS724CTD.
It better not let me down. I will let you know if it is a keeper or if you will be seeing it listed on-line.

· Registered
616 Posts
Well we were putting along with a small series of snowfalls then the hammer came down. We had 25 inches or so over 3 days (it not sooner quit and I had pushed the snow aside when it started again). Then we got 13.5 inches, then we got another 10 inches. 4 lane roads are down to 2 lanes, the residential streets are down to one lane and the 4 x 4 95 F250 bear of an extended Cab Pickup is paying dividends again (emergency runs to assist an elderly guy) - we have a break for a while but I never saw so much snow this early and this deep since the 60s.

Reactions: Miles

· Registered
Toro 826LE/w Repowered Tecumseh 10.5
595 Posts
We got 3-4 inches 30 miles east of Toronto. EOD slush clogged up the Toro. Was surging a bit too, had to adjust the screw on the bottom of the carb. Used my 220v heater to melt the snow that I couldn't get out when I was done. Ready for more of the white stuff tomorrow.

81 - 100 of 142 Posts