Snowblower Forum banner
101 - 120 of 142 Posts

· Registered
1,171 Posts
Nothing, but 1.5 inches/3.8 cm of rain here. It was freezing rain last night, but warmed up this morning and rained all day. I'm waiting for a good snow here in Maryland!

· Registered
1,181 Posts
About 30" (cumulative) so far this year. Been a good start for the ski resorts.
Not too much snow this week (only about 10") but VERY cold!

Reactions: KJSeller

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
We got around 3 inches of heavy packing crap and its turning to rain on top of it. We were predicted c-1 so yeah they missed that. But whatever they are now predicting this rain to turn to snow later this afternoon. SOO roads should be good and slick. they expect it to end tomorrow around 10am which is about the time I will actually be able to do anything with it soo.. YAY..

· Premium Member
6,344 Posts
Our 3-day Nor'easter has begun; I guess the snow line moved towards us a bit...
Outdoor bench Snow Freezing Street furniture Black-and-white

· Premium Member
1979 (or so) Toro 724 (38050) and 2018 Ariens Platinum 24
1,696 Posts
The weatherman up here needs to be fired ... They keep forecasting heavy snow, and zilch . . . Wed/Thurs was forecast for 8" to 16" of "wet heavy snow" and we got about 1" of slop, and it all melted . . . Not that I am disappointed to not get concrete, but I sure wish they would figure out how not to cry wolf all the time!

· Super Moderator
2,944 Posts
We've had some snow, maybe 3-6" plus so far, but not all at the same time. It's been an inch or so in wet heavy stuff that is hard to shovel, so worth getting the blower out to handle it. When the endloader came through the alley it left huge balls of snow in front of the drive, which the blower handled nicely. Thing is, it's starting to snow again.

· Premium Member
6,344 Posts
Had 3" of slop at the house this morning and 6" of the same at the store. The Greenworks Power Shovel handled it quite well... Threw it 20+ feet. Now if the plow guy would just show up.
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Grey Tar

· Registered
839 Posts
Had 3" of slop at the house this morning and 6" of the same at the store. The Greenworks Power Shovel handled it quite well... Threw it 20+ feet. Now if the plow guy would just show up.
View attachment 205042
Nothing but rain for me out of this storm. Haven't even needed a shovel yet this year.

Reactions: KJSeller

· Registered
1 Posts
Snow Automotive tire Slope Freezing Snow removal

Got about 1' and drifted over 2'. Snowblower handled it easily but we got another 1' a day later with just as bad snow drifts and it was so packed down that it felt like it was just running into a wall. The only reason I was able to get out is because a skidsteer came by and tackled the end of the driveway for me. We don't get much snow but I always get drifts that exceed what the ariens can handle, so now I'm here browsing the wonderful world of snow blowers that can handle this stuff.

· Registered
255 Posts
One inch of slush last night and 3 inches of snow on top. The Honda HSS928 handled it well. Not the 40 foot throw as with the dry snow but 12-25 feet. I'll take it. I was happy the snow wasn't wet enough to stick. I used the 3-IN-1silicone spray.

· Registered
127 Posts
Well after the 4 days, we totaled 29". The snow on the first days were very heavy and wet. You certainly could move the snow once, but not twice. Even spots where you step would set up so hard that the snow blower would not go through it. I hate this wet snow junk.
Robert

· Registered
916 Posts
Well we are getting the weather service let's scare everyone to death prediction. Blizzard conditions heavy snow and high winds. The storm is supposed to go into Christmas Eve. They have the grocery stores load with shoppers

· Registered
1,498 Posts
We have the prediction of getting 5-7In. of light fluffy snow this Wed. into Thurs. I am going to use my newly acquired 11528 Airens that has the heated grips as it's supposed to be in the single digits when plowing. Should be a fun day.

· Registered
250 Posts
I, also, am predicted to be impacted by this Midwest storm… first snow of the year. But with very cold temps and very high winds, I‘m actually not looking forward to snow-blowing. Nothing is ever easy.

· Registered
43 Posts
We have about 40" on the ground in Government Camp. 2-6" forecast for tonight. Supposed to get very cold on Thursday night (-2 F) and then warm up with freezing rain on Friday. Oh Joy. Portland is supposed to get freezing rain on Thursday night and then a lot of warmer rain following over the weekend.

101 - 120 of 142 Posts