Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up a 2005 1024 Pro on Wednesday. I was wondering if anyone here has one and if they have had good luck with it.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
You know about mine, ~2000-2001. I've had good luck with it so far, yes.

My in-laws have one that is the same generation as yours (I don't know the year), it has also worked well for them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You know about mine, ~2000-2001. I've had good luck with it so far, yes.

My in-laws have one that is the same generation as yours (I don't know the year), it has also worked well for them.
I'm actually looking to buy a 2001 Ariens Pro 1024. I know the brand is great, but that's about where my knowledge ends. Is it worth buying a +/- 20 yr old machine? I'd be buying it from a friend, and based on the pictures it looks to be in great shape. Most likely always stored in a garage.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
If it's in good condition, I think that's the most important part. Mine has been a workhorse for the last ~6 years. It's never left me shoveling, though I keep spare shear pins, and a set of belts, on-hand in case of trouble. That's a good idea for any machine, IMO, even a recent one. The middle of a blizzard isn't the time to realize that you don't have a spare belt.

It's performed well, good power, and it's pretty easy to handle, with the differential, and the modest bucket width. Lots of people like the older Ariens too, 80's & 90's, or even the extra-classic ones from the 60's. If it's in good condition, I don't think being 20 years old is a concern. I'd rather have my old-enough-to-vote machine than many of the new big-box-store blowers.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Condition is way more important then age...actually I like the older stuff better....the 924 series in my mind is the apex of the Arien ....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts