Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Lambert Pathfinder,,624. It has a briggs engine from 1955 and I'm guessing the snowblower was manufactured somewhere around then.

I have found a few Lamberts in a search but no information about them. Was Lambert it's own company or did they have someone else make a machine with their name on it?? Like Simplicity,,,this thing looks allot like some of the earlier Simplicitys.

I am in the middle of restoring this thing. Im glad I don't need any parts. lol

I did figure out they made this so you could remove the snow blower attachment and attach a roto tiller. I would love to have that tiller attachment.

Any information would be great. This is one of the hardest items I have ever tried to get information on. Because of that I am not exspecting much help ,but figured I would give it a shot. lol

And Hello!!! This is my first post here,,I have been hanging out at MY TRACTOR FORUM. It won't be my last though,,I just noticed this forum.

I just restored a Toro 421

Attachments

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
i had one with no engine, got it for parts, many odd parts on it. i have the 2 transmission that are on it as well as the variable speed v belt pulley that adjusts you speed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes I had one I sold at a garage sale. It had was similar to the one in the picture. Not a lot out there for info. Things was heavy, had odd parts I suppose you'd have to make if they needed replacement...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Wow, Just look at all those exposed chain drives out in the open with out a safety shield. They certainly could not get away with that today since too many people would end up having their fingers munched by them. I heard that some old snowblowers had continuously running augers and exposed belt and chain drives years ago. I only wish they made the cheaper machines today out of heavier guage steel like they did years ago. Lots of people are re-powering the old heavy duty machines with newer OHV engines that have electronic ignition. Breaker points were used on engines until about the mid 1970's or so.

·
Registered
725 Posts
If you look at the PennCrest (JC Penny) model in my vintage showcase you will see that it is essentially the same machine and the it has the shroud over the right angle auger drive. I have not seen another version of this design that would suggest Lambert was buying them from somebody.

I'm going to guess that the machine is probably 10-15 years newer than thew 1955 engine.

Lambert was a definite manufacturing company most known for their tow behind and push lawn sweepers. It looks like Midwest Lawn Products may now own the legacy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts