Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This part is a manufacturer- approved substitute. It may differ in appearance from the original part but is a functional equivalent.

I DON'T THINK SO!!!

The Engineer that made that choice must have been in the class where the phrase "C's and D's still get Degrees" still applied!

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
Looks good to me. Just rotate the holes 90 degrees of the bolts and carefully hold the gasket in place while tightening. I don't see the problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good to me. Just rotate the holes 90 degrees of the bolts and carefully hold the gasket in place while tightening. I don't see the problem.
Rotate the holes?

What holes am I supposed to rotate?

If I flip the gasket it looks just the same!

If I make the bolt holes line up, the gasket will not seal the exhaust passage!

The B&S gasket holes are placed at 180 degrees, the Exhaust muffler holes are mounted at 150 degrees (or 210 degrees)

Look at these two gaskets and tell me how I "Just rotate the holes 90 degrees of the bolts"

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
I meant turn the gasket so the bolt holes are up and down and the bolts don't actually go through them. Just use the big whole. The other 2 are just "extra parts" that will be left over after you reassemble.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I meant turn the gasket so the bolt holes are up and down and the bolts don't actually go through them. Just use the big whole. The other 2 are just "extra parts" that will be left over after you reassemble.
DOAH!!!
I did not even think of that.
Gasket adhesive should hold it in place long enough to bolt down.

I think I would rather have the bolts locate the gasket.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
If you don’t want to use that one as suggested, and don’t want to wait for the correct one, you can make your own. Your local auto parts or hardware store should have gasket material. Should not be difficult to make the one you need.

·
Super Moderator
2,686 Posts
Alternates

DOAH!!!
I did not even think of that.
Gasket adhesive should hold it in place long enough to bolt down.

I think I would rather have the bolts locate the gasket.
One thing to remember if you do something like use a gasket and it's not under the bolt area, if you tight the mounting bolts too much with no gasket in the bolt area it's possible to bend or break the mounting ears.

You've been warned :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts