Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several months ago the local Honda dealers near me finally got some new machines. One dealer had an over 200 waiting list and the other about 150 waiting list for the new HSS724-928 and 1332's.

One dealer told me that HONDA informed them that there may be a parts and new inventory shortage for 2 years or more.

Yesterday I found out ( maybe you all know ) Honda is raising their prices on new machines up to $400.

I posted this machine online yesterday ( middle of May ) and already had several offers at FULL asking price. Have a couple coming tomorrow with the cash that actually has been waiting for me to have 28 inch Honda since winter. They were going to buy a new 1332 but won't pay the new price.

what's going on? is this another covid problem like every other company in the world is trying to blame to hike up their prices., Some of these companies are having record profits and record CEO bonuses.

It never fails. Businesses try to profit from a crisis. My used Honda prices are staying the same for the last 3 years.

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
I think the manufacturers may be hesitant to lay out money at today's high prices and build a bunch of stock only to find out that US currency is virtually worthless come the winter season. Look how fast prices are rising. History repeats itself and the days of needing a wheelbarrow full of cash to buy a loaf of bread is in our future.

Reactions: Plan - B

·
Registered
601 Posts
My landlord has a Honda quad on order since August!!! Dealer has no idea when or if it will arrive, they said it may even be a '22 model.

I work in a GM dealer, parts availability is a huge problem. We have 3 brand new pick up trucks less than 5000 miles all waiting for lifters and gaskets. $65,000 door stop! Customers are flippin out.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
yeah, I don't think it is quite so nefarious. I was at a local boat/ATV/etc dealer this week, and they said they are out of boats and jet skis. No more this year, many orders had to be canceled. The factories did not build full capacity last year, but they are all short critical parts anyways.

Reactions: contender

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Tesla has over 10,000 cars that are unfinished because of a missing component.

Reactions: orangputeh

·
Registered
13 Posts
My landlord has a Honda quad on order since August!!! Dealer has no idea when or if it will arrive, they said it may even be a '22 model.

I work in a GM dealer, parts availability is a huge problem. We have 3 brand new pick up trucks less than 5000 miles all waiting for lifters and gaskets. $65,000 door stop! Customers are flippin out.
Waite one minute. You mean to tell us, trucks with less than 5000 mi. need big time engine work. 65.000,00 and less than 5000mi. WOW. Looks like another nail in the american auto coffin.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
New car dealership owner told me last week that many dealers will be very low on stock shortly, probably for the rest of the year.
The reason being a world wide shortage of computer chips, which is affecting production of any product that uses these chips.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
They are all low on inventory. And parts. In fact there have been rumors of bidding wars on new vehicles because of how few there are.

·
Registered
841 Posts

A new truck with less than 5k needs lifters that's a disgrace.
my sons driving my old 2002 maxima i bought new with over 200k on it and the only thing other than routine maintenance was one wheel bearing and a coil pack and a break light bulb.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
it really feels like the government will have to start cracking down on the companies that are profiteering because of the limited supply. they are just like criminals. they keep doing it because they can get away with it or worst case scenario they likely get a slap on the wrist.

my mom works at a factory that makes parts for both honda and toyota and their hours have been really flaky lately. my mom had a whole week off about a week or 2 ago and certain other sections of the factory were shut down this week.

·
Premium Member
7,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it really feels like the government will have to start cracking down on the companies that are profiteering because of the limited supply. they are just like criminals. they keep doing it because they can get away with it or worst case scenario they likely get a slap on the wrist.

my mom works at a factory that makes parts for both honda and toyota and their hours have been really flaky lately. my mom had a whole week off about a week or 2 ago and certain other sections of the factory were shut down this week.
I agree 1000%. I also agree that the pandemic is really causing some shortages and other problems but companies ( some ) are taking advantage by hiring less people and working their current employees to the limit. I used to work at UPS and they are working just about every driver to the DOT limit ( 60 hours ) so they dont have to hire new drivers.

Plus since people need many of these goods and services they will pay whatever the price. Companies know this so they are maximizing profits for their shareholders. Do you think these prices will come down after the pandemic is over??????? Maybe a little but I doubt it.

I refuse to pay the higher prices except when I have no choice. If I need lumber I go around and pick up free 8 foot pallets for the 8 foot 2by4's or offer to clean up peoples yards with free lumber, free sheds for the plywood etc. There are many ways to get free lumber if you just look and put feelers out.

There is really no need to buy new at some of these outrageous prices. Yard sales, garage, sales, estate sales ,....people are practically given away perfectly good stuff all the time when they move .

The only place you cant go around this mess is the grocery store. If you can not grow some produce or some farm animals you'll have to pay higher prices for food. Same goes for electric/water/propane bills but you can conserve your usage. Every company around here is crying about the pandemic and using it to increase prices.

like I said , there will always be people who profit from a crisis......

·
Premium Member
7,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@Grunt , are you seeing the same problems in your lawnmower business? BTW you have a great website at "My Lawnmower Forum"

·
Registered
601 Posts
A new truck with less than 5k needs lifters that's a disgrace.
my sons driving my old 2002 maxima i bought new with over 200k on it and the only thing other than routine maintenance was one wheel bearing and a coil pack and a break light bulb.
We got 3 of them here! Tech forum I'm on has just about every dealer with the same.
The whole truck is a disgrace. Biggest pile of chit GM has ever produced. I don't feel bad for anyone that buys one, gm have been turds since '07.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We got 3 of them here! Tech forum I'm on has just about every dealer with the same.
The whole truck is a disgrace. Biggest pile of chit GM has ever produced. I don't feel bad for anyone that buys one, gm have been turds since '07.
I, under stand this a a snowblower forum, and we are talikng cars. IMHO, I, think it goes hand and hand. Company's to company's, prouducts to prouducs. And they wounder why the aisan market is killing them.

·
Premium Member
7,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Went to Honda dealers today and they are all OUT of new inventory. Sold one of my Honda's today at WINTER price. Had 3 serious responses in one day. Think this off season will be on all spring and summer instead of waiting for fall for selling.

There are NO deals out there but fortunately foresaw this and loaded up on projects the last 6 months.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Orangputeh, 1 of your local Honda Dealers, had lots of blowers a couple months ago, are they all gone?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts