Snowblower Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think you mean: Honda of N. america doesn't produce trucks. Honda produces trucks in other parts of the world I feel that vehicle manufacturing has gone down hill "world wide" in the last couple of years, and will continue to do so for at least 10 more years.

·
Super Moderator
1,317 Posts

·
Registered
3,005 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Real truck people may argue that the Honda is not a real truck.
I heard this a while back: "real" people don't have to label others to feel better about themselves. Made me think a bit. Anyways, I have heard mainly good things about the Ridgeline from several owners. I would consider one (used) for my next vehicle.

tx

·
Premium Member
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
New Honda Acty Special Edition – Celebrating the 55th Anniversary of the T360

I'll have to get one.......found a dealer of used ones about 100 miles from me. starting at 5k

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Real truck people may argue that the Honda is not a real truck.
i would say those honda trucks are about as real of a truck as my elcamino which i call a car all the time. yes you can haul some stuff in the bed like truck but when you have haul limit of about 800lbs it really isn't much. i know it is nothing compared to the 2000+lbs i use to haul in my d150 truck regularly.

·
Super Moderator
1,317 Posts
Even the 660cc/older 550cc kei trucks are rated to 350kg (770lbs.), and that's for compliance only. They'll easily haul a half-ton or more if you can cram it in.

Hauled my snowblower home no problem, 811 lbs. plus the pallet it was strapped to.

·
Registered
601 Posts
GM may label their vehicles as trucks... But it's not hauling anything while it's broken down and waiting for parts with no ETA!

Friggin junk, I wouldn't recommend a gm vehicle to anyone except the ex wife, (she loves misery)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well I must be one of the lucky ones then. I have only owned GM trucks, never owned a car. Never had a motor problem with any of them. `77 Blazer 350, `85 GMC Full size, `90 GMC Full size, `03 GMC 3/4 Crew, `16 GMC Crew, and now a `19 GMC Double Cab.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
I would buy one one of those red Honda mini trucks here in CT if I could, just because there cool looking. :)
You can get one for $10-11K plus very reasonable shipping. Unfortunately, you probably wouldn't be able to drive it on the road. They have to be at least 25 years old to qualify for road use here because of our stupid vehicle regulations. There are plenty of 1996 and older ones available for a few thousand from importers throughout the US, though... Here's the Facebook group for New England Kei Trucks: New England Mini Kei Truck / Van JDM Group CT NY MA VT NH ME NJ scene

Looks like a REAL truck to me...

Reactions: orangputeh

·
Super Moderator
1,317 Posts
I paid $2k for mine.

As I purchased it, and after a quick buffing out at my body guy's place. Not pictured: Aibaworks snow plow that was included.

I've fixed up on it some since.

Mr H. next door just bought a brand-new one for less than $10k so that'd be quite steep for an older model.

·
Premium Member
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
You can get one for $10-11K plus very reasonable shipping. Unfortunately, you probably wouldn't be able to drive it on the road. They have to be at least 25 years old to qualify for road use here because of our stupid vehicle regulations. There are plenty of 1996 and older ones available for a few thousand from importers throughout the US, though... Here's the Facebook group for New England Kei Trucks: New England Mini Kei Truck / Van JDM Group CT NY MA VT NH ME NJ scene

Looks like a REAL truck to me...
they sell them in sacramento but not cali smog compliant. stupid. i just thought it would be cool to have a red one picking up and delivering honda snowblowers.

·
Super Moderator
1,317 Posts
they sell them in sacramento but not cali smog compliant. stupid. i just thought it would be cool to have a red one picking up and delivering honda snowblowers.
You might be able to get away with it once you start getting more of the newer trucks. FI, cats... they run very clean. The largely carbureted stuff you're getting now, with 25+ years of wear and tear and deterioration to the multitude of vacuum lines etc, not so much.

·
Premium Member
2021 HSS1332ATD
155 Posts
Went to Honda dealers today and they are all OUT of new inventory. Sold one of my Honda's today at WINTER price. Had 3 serious responses in one day. Think this off season will be on all spring and summer instead of waiting for fall for selling.

There are NO deals out there but fortunately foresaw this and loaded up on projects the last 6 months.
Man, I really lucked out in February getting a new Honda 1332 and at a discounted price to boot! This doesn’t bode well for inventory. So much for getting a new car this year......

21 - 40 of 74 Posts