Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got this snowblower. in the manual you cant see the butterfly location and the governor one looks like it should go up one spot. From comparing youtube videos looks like butterfly should goto right and the gov is ok, so this is why i am confused..

·
Registered
1,061 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i moved the carb linkage to the correct spot. i started tuning the main jet. at one point the was some small flames coming out of the muffler does that mean lean or rich. and motor is surging
if ure moving the jet clockwise is that making it rich or lean?
also when i moved it to slow speed it would just die?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
ok i moved the carb linkage to the correct spot. i started tuning the main jet. at one point the was some small flames coming out of the muffler does that mean lean or rich. and motor is surging
if ure moving the jet clockwise is that making it rich or lean?
also when i moved it to slow speed it would just die?
Flames out of the muffler would usually be associated with the ignition timing being off, the exhaust valve is not seating correctly, or the carb is still out of adjustment. You would have to pull the breather cover off and check the valve clearances when the engine is cold.
The engine surging would indicate you have a leaking gasket on the intake manifold or (more than likely) you still don't have the carb cleaned properly.
Turning the mixture screw IN leans the fuel mixture, turning the screw OUT richens the mixture.
All of this info is in the service manual along with trouble shooting help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts