Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we got a storm last night started out as ice then moved to wet snow. we got about 3 inches or so. down at the eod it was 6-8 inches of heavy wet stuff in a 5X12ft area

i seen my neighbor with his MTD 2 stage clogging up every other pass i new it was going to be a rough one.

i got my 2 single stages out for some wet snow slush fun.

first was the 4 stroke power clear 621e it was doing ok in the less depth but ended up stalling a couple times in the heavy stuff and ended not throwing that stuff very far kind of barely out the chute a couple times

next was the ccr 3650 2 stroke and it just ate up everything and was throwing the wet stuff a good 20-30 ft .

after a side by side comparison i think i would take a CCR series toro over any of the new 4 strokes. they dont seem to have the same power or throwing distance.

·
Banned
474 Posts
first was the 4 stroke power clear 621e it was doing ok in the less depth but ended up stalling a couple times in the heavy stuff and ended not throwing that stuff very far kind of barely out the chute a couple times after a side by side comparison i think i would take a CCR series toro over any of the new 4 strokes. they dont seem to have the same power or throwing distance.
You can thank the EPA for banning your machines engine, gone just like 2 stroke outboards.

Probably why Toro went with 212cc engines on the 721 models instead of the 163cc? on yours.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can thank the EPA for banning your machines engine, gone just like 2 stroke outboards.

Probably why Toro went with 212cc engines on the 721 models instead of the 163cc? on yours.
yea i hear you but i dont think its close on torque a 6 hp 2 cycle vs a 6hp 4 cycle it was very noticeable in power.

i think the 3650 is going to be my personal blower its just a beast when it comes down to it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
yea i hear you but i dont think its close on torque a 6 hp 2 cycle vs a 6hp 4 cycle it was very noticeable in power.

i think the 3650 is going to be my personal blower its just a beast when it comes down to it.
I picked up a 3650 after I saw my neighbor across the street with his 2450 clearing snow in no time. After using the 3650 for a while, I ended up picking up a 210r, very similar to platform to the newer machines, but still has the R-Tek duraforce engine, and now that's my go to. Seems to be best of both worlds, toro engineering with a commercial grade USA engine.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I picked up a 3650 after I saw my neighbor across the street with his 2450 clearing snow in no time. After using the 3650 for a while, I ended up picking up a 210r, very similar to platform to the newer machines, but still has the R-Tek duraforce engine, and now that's my go to. Seems to be best of both worlds, toro engineering with a commercial grade USA engine.
if i can find another ccr2000 with the old suzuki 2 cycle ill have a toro showdown ccr2000 vs ccr3650 vs 621 power clear

·
Registered
166 Posts
Id like to see that one!
I think one of the best Toros was the 3000 GTS with the Suzuki 5 hp 2 stroke. I've has this one 20 years and it's been a good machine needing only a carb replacement in addition to normal maintenance.....

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Id like to see that one!
I think one of the best Toros was the 3000 GTS with the Suzuki 5 hp 2 stroke. I've has this one 20 years and it's been a good machine needing only a carb replacement in addition to normal maintenance.....
those 3000's arent too common ive been looking for one for a while. arent they the same engine as the 2000's but a different carb or something to get the extra power?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I run a '99 ccr3000e-gts with the Suzuki 47P. Very happy with the way it throws wet or dry. I am finished blowing in half the time the neighbors take.
It is a little bit noisy like a dirt bike. Maybe I should add an expansion chamber exhaust :)? Love the electric start.
Depending on the year of manufacture and model number the 2000 and 3000 shared the R-tek and the 47P Suzuki. Some early 2000 models had the HSK-850. A couple of the R-Tek models were sold as different HP rating with a difference in max rpm.

·
Registered
166 Posts
One thing I thought of is if I ever had to re-power this one would the Briggs Duraforce fit? It was used on the later versions of this same model. I think that Suzuki's engine price got too expensive for Toro's price point....

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One thing I thought of is if I ever had to re-power this one would the Briggs Duraforce fit? It was used on the later versions of this same model. I think that Suzuki's engine price got too expensive for Toro's price point....
hmm i am not sure i re powered the newer body style 2450 with a 3650 engine before.

isnt the briggs rtek the same thing? as long as the bolt pattern is the same where it mounts around the crank it shouldnt be an issue.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I was thinking Rtec when I wrote Duraforce. I'm pretty sure Ive seen one that was the same style as mine with an RTec label on it...

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
I have two 3650's ( one has electric start ) that I keep at mom's and a 3000E and 2450E at home with me. I like the 2450E best

·
Registered
166 Posts
Checked some Toro manuals and found out that:

Rtec is the Briggs with the ported piston design (seen on snow blowers)
Duraforce is the same engine with reed valve design (seen on mowers)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts