Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize it’s a Home Depot special, but it’s in the price range. I’m looking at it for a friend. Everything I’ve read here points to Ariens being a reputable machine and I just wanna make sure this little guy will do the job.

·
Super Moderator
3,860 Posts
Even though it's Ariens bottom of the lineup, quality is still fine, never heard of any issues with them. The only real question is: Is it enough of a machine for your native snowfall amounts? and the amount of snow your friend needs to clear?

this is a smaller and less-powerful machine..nothing wrong with that, if that suits your needs..
but it might not suit everyone's needs..

Scot

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even though it's Ariens bottom of the lineup, quality is still fine, never heard of any issues with them. The only real question is: Is it enough of a machine for your native snowfall amounts? and the amount of snow your friend needs to clear?

this is a smaller and less-powerful machine..nothing wrong with that, if that suits your needs..
but it might not suit everyone's needs..

Scot

I believe it will be more than enough machine for her. Her and her husband have a large piece of paradise in the Thompson Okanagon (British Columbia for anyone that doesn’t know) they have a Bobcat for most of the property, but she wants something for the drive and around their home.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Just go a little slower, or take less of a bite …. or just do it a couple times if it is a long snow event.

That unit sure looks identical to my Craftsman. :)

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I deal with quit a few Sno-Tek blowers and they are pretty decent but light weight. The older ones have roughly a 4hp (136cc engine) Which still works well but would much prefer the 208cc the later ones have and are around 6 1/2 hp

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Paid $450 CAD. Will need a carb clean for sure but it runs. Doesn’t really wanna run without full choke, and this is the first engine I’ve ran into with no throttle control. Just WOT.
I’m sure like most of these small engines it will hunt and surge without any choke, due to emissions. Should I consider boring out the main jet a little?

·
Super Moderator
3,860 Posts
It's not "going for" $840 on ebay, a seller is *asking* $840 on Ebay. ;) selling price and asking price are not the same thing. I highly doubt that seller will ever get $840.

This model is worth $649 new. Im not finding it currently available, it might not be offered as a 2020 model. But it was a 2019 model, it was selling for $649 a year ago at Home Depot:

This is April 2019, end of last years snowblower season:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190428030005/https://www.homedepot.com/p/Sno-Tek-24-in-2-Stage-Electric-Start-Gas-Snow-Blower-920402/202222489

If it is out of production for this year, that Ebay seller might be thinking "ooh, its out of production now, that makes it worth $200 more!". Ummm. No. ;) Its still worth $649.

Scot

1 - 13 of 13 Posts