Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered this week that MTD warranties are not transferable, they stay with the purchaser, not the machine.

It was mentioned on here in a thread that the Ariens warranty is the same, goes with the purchaser, not the machine. Then someone who was selling his machine was told differently by the dealer. I can only assume the dealer or the seller is wrong, or there was a clause allowing the transfer.

If the machine is sold under the warranty the new buyer of the used machine does not benefit from the remainder of the warranty.

Input? Comments?

·
Registered
208 Posts
If it doesn't use the word transferable in the first sentence I don't think you need to go much farther. Almost every warranty statement includes the phrase "to the original purchaser" so I don't see much wiggle room.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Warranty is non-transferable according to Ariens. Some dealers will be courteous and tell you to tell the new owner, bring the machine to me and I’ll take care of it under warranty.

Sometimes you don’t ask questions when a dealer is willing to go above and beyond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts