Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
It needs an impeller kit and the owner is complaining about sticking snow in the chute. Lol

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
yes but auto turn is smooth as butter
i will be getting set of comp ariens skids and adjusting the scrapper already seems smooth to me
have to wait till i use thrus to see

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
i almost bought something like that about a month ago. it was not quite as new but in really good shape and the owner was only asking like $500 or something like that which was super cheap for a monster that big. now after using my 30" wide machine i am glad i didn't buy it. my driveway isn't smooth enough to benefit from a machine that large. even the 30" machine is almost too large and clumsy. i have almost been thinking about trying to trade it for something a bit smaller possibly with autosteer. not really liking the trigger turning.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
looking at the pic the auger on the right side seems to be on backwards, no wonder it doesn't blow snow well

·
Registered
902 Posts
No and thank you, anything past 28" width with wheels is "NO BUENO" for me, used a friends 1332 ariens onces to clear hard plowed in snow and all that thing did was ride up the bank every chance it got. We'll talk if the owner puts tracks on the machine :D.

·
Registered
178 Posts
My 1130se is probably as big as any normal person would want. As mentioned I also find I ride up on the EOD snow and sometimes have to back up and hit it again. Plus it takes up a lot of room in my garage.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Seems like a great machine if you have a long straight driveway because you could do it in one run to the end and then come back.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
A fellow bought one of these here a couple years back to clear sidewalks. Seemed like it would be ideal, clear in one pass.( bylaws call for 42 inches cleared) Not to be. It was so difficult to load /unload, turn around it was just not practical. Was faster and easier with a 28 inch and make 2 passes.He had it for sale after a couple uses

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I'll be trying out my 924 32 in Ariens that I did over for the first time after the storm....I'll know then if a bigger blower is as good as it sounds. My ST 824 with the Chondra has always been easy to use and powerful enough to always do the job. We all have a little Tim the Tool man in us I guess.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Good luck! I've had a 26", currently have a 24". I think, for my driveway, 28" is as big as I'd want to go. I can't imagine 40"+ for a walk-behind!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's the specs on the craftsman.

Description Item # 07188878000P Model # 88878

Maximize Snow Removal Performance with This 45" Dual-Stage Gas Snow Blower

Featuring a brawny 420cc engine, the Craftsman 45" Dual-Stage Gas Snow Blower is built for heavy-duty use. Extra wide 45-inch clearing width means your driveway will be clear in minutes. The deluxe Glide-Tech skid shoes slide over pavers and bricks smoothly ensuring damage-free performance. Features like plow style handles, Zero-turn steering system, heated hand grips and push-button electric start make snow removal a breeze.

Dual 16" x 6.5" X-Trac tires in this 45" Dual-Stage Gas Snow Blower offer greater traction in slippery snow terrains. In-dash LED headlight sheds a glow on your clearing path, enhancing visibility for added safety. Watch in amazement as the tool-less drift cutters knife through hard-packed, icy snow drifts, making it easier to power your way through and efficiently clear them. Park this potent snow thrower in your garage reassured that the patented deluxe Glide-Tech skid shoes will eliminate the chance of rust stains.

Use the remote chute control on this Craftsman 45" Dual-Stage Gas Snow Blower for a 190-degree rotation adjustment while on-the-go
With six forward and two reverse, power-propelled speeds you can power through everything from light powdered snow to heavy wet slush
A 45-inch clearing width and a 22-inch intake height lets you clear a wide driveway with ease
Extreme capacity discharge chute throws large volumes of snow in a tight pattern avoiding snow blow back
Single hand operation enhances the ease for on-the-go adjustments
420cc four-cycle OHV Craftsman engine comes with trigger controlled Zero-turn steering technology for better maneuverability
16" x 6.5" X-Trac tires and tool-less drift cutters are ideal for use in heavy snow conditions
Heated hand grips and mitten-grip starter handle for comfortable operation in cold temperatures
Large deluxe Glide-Tech skid shoes keep driveway damage-free
It's available in a black/red finish
Item Weight: 490 lbs.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts