Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
The big plastic Ariens panel fell off the handlebars on our new 28" Deluxe at work after the 2nd time we used it. They broke the mounting tabs installing it on the assembly line. :facepalm_zpsdj194qh

·
Registered
73 Posts
The big plastic Ariens panel fell off the handlebars on our new 28" Deluxe at work after the 2nd time we used it. They broke the mounting tabs installing it on the assembly line. :facepalm_zpsdj194qh
At the assembly line or did you purchase at one of the big box stores?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
if you have facebook, like the Ariens page and then send them a private message. they have been fairly responsive to me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
At the assembly line or did you purchase at one of the big box stores?

I'm not sure that part is something that would be installed during initial dealer setup, but it's possible it is.

I bought it at a local small engine shop that I've done a ton of business with and trust completely. I worked in the industry for over 16 years so I'm not your average homeowner. The screws were definitely overtightened causing the mounting points to split and break. Was it a big deal to me? No, I just tossed it on the shelf and go without it but that is something that shows things can be missed upon final inspection or PDI. I never brought it up with the dealer to get a replacement while it was under warranty. FWIW, that machine is a beast and works great. I really have no complaints other than sometimes it shoots snow too far!

·
Registered
89 Posts
On my Hydro Pro 28 that I bought in October of 2018, the three bolts that held the brake for the impeller/auger all broke off and the curved shoe was laying in the bottom of the pan. Someone on the assembly line ate their breakfast cereal that morning and went gorilla on it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Workers on the assembly line use pneumatic ratchets with clutched torque settings, I think the biggest issue is the hardware, stuff made in China, I see it at work all the time, stainless NPT fittings are the worse, constantly have leaks after doing a piping job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts