Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. i just found an arians 924 let with tracks that has been sitting for about 12 years.they paid $1900.00 used 2 times was to hard for them to handle. looks brand new. they are asking $600. the gas was left in so probably will need carb. wondering if it is worth the risk ? and if there is anything i should be worried about. thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
:welcome: to SBF golfman413

If it looks like new I'd grab it. You'll likely need to check out the drive and go through the adjustments and lube everything but it sounds like a nice find.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Had a similar situation with a ST926DLE, Sat for 8 ish years and was only used a year and still looked brand new, All that was needed was a light carb cleaning and it fired right up.

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
only thing i would be worried about sitting that long frozen drive components and possibly frozen rakes. if gas was left in it for 12 years just get a new carburetor for 10 bucks that carburetor will be destroyed

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
hi. i just found an arians 924 let with tracks that has been sitting for about 12 years.they paid $1900.00 used 2 times was to hard for them to handle. looks brand new. they are asking $600. the gas was left in so probably will need carb. wondering if it is worth the risk ? and if there is anything i should be worried about. thanks.
If you pass on it, depending on the location, I am interested.

THX

·
Registered
271 Posts
no worries about cracked tracks ??
That brings up a very good question for my situation since I'll be picking my new 921052 up in a couple of weeks.

Is there anything that should be done to the tracks themselves for maintenance during the regular season and the off-season as well?

I plan on storing mine covered in a shed - direct sunlight is never good for polymers & I'm not a fan of Armour-All either.

Anything else that anyone can think of?

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
That brings up a very good question for my situation since I'll be picking my new 921052 up in a couple of weeks.

Is there anything that should be done to the tracks themselves for maintenance during the regular season and the off-season as well?

I plan on storing mine covered in a shed - direct sunlight is never good for polymers & I'm not a fan of Armour-All either.

Anything else that anyone can think of?
admittedly have never owned a tracked machine, but i would store it in the service position ( check this with dealer) and rotate the tracks a half turn a couple or few times during the off season. it may not be necessary, but just something i would do !

·
Registered
137 Posts
Most likely those carbs are dirt cheap. I just replaced one from a Toro 824 Tecumpseh for less than you can buy a new float bowl, $14. Didn’t even have to set it:smile2: Find out what model carb matches it and then hit Amazon /EBay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts