Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4HP Ariens 922018 model. 20 inch bucket. i just picked it up real cheap, and it need some work. I'm not sure the year. It cost 10 dollars, took it home, put fresh gasoline in it. It starts, like the first time sometimes. The carburetor float leaks. I took apart, the gasket in 8 pieces. I went to a part store, and they also suggested a new bolt, (bolts to the bottom with the fine orifice) The guy said about 13 dollars to get, but I didn't have the engine model. I am thinking probably a Tecumseh, (at first I thought a Briggs-Stratton). It has that gear symbol on the outside of the starter. It has a plug in electric start, as the key part is cut off. So I assume I can start by plugging in & then pull the plug out. I will have to lube the parts, but it looks solid. I have a long driveway, used to use a huge snow blower on the front of a Kubota tractor I had to sell. Any ideas what model engine? :plain:

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
It's a Tecumseh Engine. Electric Starters Don't use the Key to start it. Key is to turn Ignition On and Off. There is usually a push button or toggle switch to activate the electric starter after it is plugged in. A 20" Machine will take some Time to clear a long Driveway, But the Price was Right. That Carb needs a Needle and seat kit, around 6 bucks(if the float is OK) or throw for a repop carb on ebay. Usually found around $15. GL.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts