Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Almost new and surges when not under load. Choke can tone it down some but I'm perplexed. I didn't buy it new but it was only used 5 times by previous owner. any ideas as to what issue could be? Going throw snow it runs and has no issues whatsoever.Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
if choking it smoothes it out - she is running to lean. You need to drop the bowl and look if it has water or gunk in there. Clean out the the main jet passages. stale fuel can creat issues..... post back after that

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did check out the fuel bowl and it was spotless,as well as the float assembly. I will drain out the fuel and start with new gas as the stuff I used was a couple months old from fall. If not that I'll have to clean the carb out. Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I took a better look into the carb situation and there's an screw with a black cap that looks like an air bleed screw. It had a llttle something stuck in it so cleaned it out with a tiny wire and it seems fine now. Will run with no choke at a low idle and no more surging throughout the rims. I did put fresh fuel in so it could have been a combo of both things. Thx for the advice bad69cat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts