Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to repaint the wheels on my Ariens 1028. Machine is about 10-12 years old. Thought the wheels were white but the paint i chipped off is more like off white/gray color. Would the original paint been white and faded over the years?

·
Registered
208 Posts
No, the paint was always off white with a gray overtone.

Krylon Dover White is very close. I used some last week. Got it at Lowes.

I have heard that Rustoleum Ivory Linen is too but have no personal experiance with it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I should add that I applied my paint over a coat of light gray primer.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I understand that he said the machine was 10 or 12 years old and that would put his machine in the 'orange and black' era however sans a picture or model/serial number we can't confirm this either. The original poster said that he thought they were white. Since he mentions white and off-white/gray perhaps you will forgive us for answering regarding Ariens white.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is the numbers on my machine. Model 924116-1028, serial #017586. The wheels were an off white/gray when i bought the machine new. Thanks for the help on the wheels and the other issues.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm with you, Motorcity. My 924508 from 2002 has gray wheels, not off-white/gray but solid gray. Does anybody know of a color that duplicates the factory shade?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts