Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an Ariens 1032 that I thought I could repower with a Robin engine I had on hand. Previous owner grenaded the engine and claimed the govenor was wrong. Shafts too big for the Robin to work It came with all the pulleys, I think but not the covers

On second thought its Maryland and it is a bit of overkill

Attachments

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
That is in Nice Condition. If You look around, You should be able to find an 8-10 Tecumseh w/1" crank that's an easy bolt-on. That's a Beast! PM sent on belt cover.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Nice bones to start with. That will chuck some snow when repowered. I'm with Jackmels. I'd go with an 8-10 Tec. that outlasted its body. MH

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kohler repower?

I have seen locally cub cadet tractors for cheap with the Kohler 12.5 hp horiz shaft ohv engines and electric start. Has anyone gone this route?

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
I have seen locally cub cadet tractors for cheap with the Kohler 12.5 hp horiz shaft ohv engines and electric start. Has anyone gone this route?
Will be 12 v so unless there is a recoil handle on it you will need to rig up a battery.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I just repowered a simplicity and used a harbor frieght 301cc 8hp engine and it has a 1" crank shaft. Very nice engine and it was a straight bolt up, no troubles at all. Got the engine for $190 with a 20% off coupon. Straight awesome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts