Snowblower Forum banner
61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 · (Edited)
Got the engine mounting holes drilled out today and mounted the engine. Had to use longer bolts because of the 3/16" reinforcement pieces on the underside and the thicker engine mounting plate. No easy task by yourself. Wife helped me with the most difficult one. So one of the major things has been done.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Office equipment Machine Gas

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Engineering

Product Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I would like to modify the oil drain too. You can just see it to the left of the yellow fill plug/dipstick. I would like to make it come out a few inches to a 90° elbow then another straight piece to the rear, with a cap. That would make it so much easier to drain the oil and not have the mess of it leaking down the side.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 · (Edited)
I also picked up a pack of 10 red/white 12" reflective strips from Harbor Freight and put them on the new 28" Pro, so hopefully it will be seen better from sides and the rear.

Gonna do the same to the 1336 Pro when I get it done.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Plant Asphalt
Window Tire Plant Automotive tire Wheel
Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 · (Edited)
Also today, I looked closely at the plastic belt cover on my new 28" Pro. It looked like it would bolt right onto the 1336 Pro. So I removed it and put it on the 1336 Pro. What do you know, it is an exact fit, direct bolt on, even the holes line up.

So anyone doing this swap can just order the plastic belt cover for a 2021 28" Pro (926090 001004), and it just bolts right on with room to spare, if you want that new tidy look. Or you can modify the old one. I don't have a plastic welder so I am just going to order a new one.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Automotive design
Motor vehicle Hood Car Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Today I fabbed up a new belt guide. That was no easy task with the tools at hand that I have. It's not perfect but it will work, maybe needs a little tweaking with the proper amount of washers to get it placed perfectly. I'm happy with the outcome. Also need some shorter bolts, I'll get some soon. Also good news, I ordered the new belt/pully cover today and it was $9.92 !!! Can't beat that. I had them check the price twice. It's pictured with the old one. The old one just wouldn't work but the bolt holes are the same thread.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Today I fabbed up a new belt guide. That was no easy task with the tools at hand that I have. It's not perfect but it will work, maybe needs a little tweaking with the proper amount of washers to get it placed perfectly. I'm happy with the outcome. Also need some shorter bolts, I'll get some soon. Also good news, I ordered the new belt/pully cover today and it was $9.92 !!! Can't beat that. I had them check the price twice. It's pictured with the old one. The old one just wouldn't work but the bolt holes are the same thread. View attachment 194087 View attachment 194087 View attachment 194086
The pics show a much different belt guard to my Platinum and Pro models. The side pieces are too far away from the belts, the taut belt side should be no more than about 1/8" from belts near top. The idler side is just a little more than 1/8" from top of belt. The forward part of guide should be much higher and slightly over (and in front of) the pulley with an arced shape. When the clutch is released the belts contact the guard and are forced upward to provide clearance for pulley(s) to move freely without contacting belts.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
@2AriensGuy Here are pics of the belt guard on my Platinum and Pro machines:
Platinum Pics:
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle brake Wood Rim

Wood Gas Metal Auto part Machine

Cylinder Gas Machine Auto part Metal

Pro:
Automotive tire Camera lens Motor vehicle Auto part Gas

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Camera lens Reflex camera

Hope this helps with your design. Have you thought about a new guard from Ariens.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Looks like the back is wide open.
No not wide open, just a large slot to allow the back of the cover to fit over the belt guard and crank shaft pulleys. No need to change anything on that cover.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
I made the belt guard to closely resemble the old one and the one on my 2021 28" Pro. They are certainly different than yours. I guess I will just have to wait and see if they work of not. The easiest option is to cut off the end and make it 2 individual adjustable pieces. The bolt holes are farther apart on the new engine. Enough of a difference that bending a stock one to fit seems out of the question.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I made the belt guard to closely resemble the old one and the one on my 2021 28" Pro. They are certainly different than yours. I guess I will just have to wait and see if they work of not. The easiest option is to cut off the end and make it 2 individual adjustable pieces. The bolt holes are farther apart on the new engine. Enough of a difference that bending a stock one to fit seems out of the question.
The adjustment on the 926501 requires a gap of no more than an 1/8" or the taut side (opposite the idler side). Your 2021 Pro should be the same as my 2022 Pro, at least the adjustment should be the same, and the same as your 926501.

You can bend the sides inward to meet the same spec. Without correct adjustment the belt will slap when clutch released and drive may not release.

61 - 80 of 107 Posts