Snowblower Forum banner
101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Cleaned the screen & filled it up with 1.16 qts + a little extra to allow for the new extended oil drain tube. Running for 2 hrs tonight and another 2 hrs tomorrow, then drain again using new drain tube.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
factory light blows
i did something close but closer to the bucket looks factory it was around 18 bucks for everything it lights it up like daylight

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
No load. Belts aren't on yet. Book says low rpms only, no load, do not rev motor. So basically about idle.
I don't think I've ever heard of letting an engine idle for hours to break it in regardless of what the predator book says. I'd Google it and see what typical procedures are because you know how opinions (including mine) are.

My procedure was to run it near idle and lower rpms until it loosened up and started running cooler but I didn't let it sit at one speed. After that I ran it faster and even 3800 rpm for short bursts and I kept varying the speed. After a tank of gas I drained the conventional SAE30 and switched to Mobil 1 5w30.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Yup, that's pretty much what I am doing too. A few high revs here & there.

Your light looks great. I didn't realize it when I bought the one for the 28" Pro but it is not a flood pattern, it is a spot. Was thinking about returning it until I turned it on in the backyard at night, OMG, plenty bright enough close up and it lights up to the end of the street. So no need to return it. Can't tell people how important bright lights are at night and in the daytime.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts