Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my Ariens 28 deluxe is only 2 1/2 years old only used 3 times , now it won't self propell, any help is appretiated

·
Registered
447 Posts
If the belt is ok, then put the machine in the service position with the auger facing the pavement. Remove the belly pan by removing the 8 bolts on the sides. Inspect the friction wheel and friction disk. If there is inadequate cable tension when you squeeze the drive handle then the wheel won’t make contact with the disk or if the rubber of the wheel has worn down, it won’t engage the disk. In either case, the machine won’t move. Depending on the problem, either tighten the cable or replace the friction wheel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After looking at some videos and seeing the poor design of the drive belt (the offset angle of the belt and pulleys) that's exactly what I did, and because of that poor design the belt had slipped off the pulley.
Then I came in and saw your reply to my post so thank you Jerry for your quick reply. Maybe for our sake they will come up with some kind of permanent remedy for that poor design but I won't hold my breath...LoL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts