Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starts with no problem, but won't shut off. After putting throttle all the way to the bottom it stays running. I have tried to choke it to force shut down with no avail.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Might be a broken wire, thereis a metal contact with a green wire that contacts the throttle arm grounding out the coil which stops spark thus shutting down engine, you should also have a plastic key to pull out that will shut it down.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Starts with no problem, but won't shut off. After putting throttle all the way to the bottom it stays running. I have tried to choke it to force shut down with no avail.
I am not familiar with that Ariens model.

A couple of days ago I worked on a neighbours MTD the green grounding wires from the engine stop switches: plastic key, throttle control came together below the carb. A ground wire from the carb heater cover connected to them with a screw which was loose. It was just a C shaped connector and could have fallen off, but didn't. Might be worth checking under the carb heater cover to see if that ground connection is good as a first step. The wire needs to be removed for the cover to be removed but may not have been replaced correctly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts