Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Looking for help on an old Ariens 624E grease points. I know there are two zerks on the augers -- no problem there. The other two points look to be on the pulley or gear bushings -- I don't see any zerks, just curious of your thoughts.

·
Registered
326 Posts
What I do is put the machine on the bucket and remove the belly pan or the bottom cover, at the end of season. Gas is drained out of the machine. I remove the engine oil also.

Like you said 2 zerks on the auger, 1 zerk on the right side which lubes the speed selector. Remove both tires and apply grease to the axles. This is prevent them freezing on the axles if you need to work on the transmission in the future or if you need to replace tires.

Use a little white lithium grease applied with a finger to the hex shaft. The rubber wheel slides on this shaft so this keeps everything lubed and easy shifting.

When the machine is placed back on the wheels add fresh oil. Check the auger lube that it's full. Ariens sells the lube in little bottles. 1 bottle will last a lifetime.

Edit to add: don't over do the grease inside the machine. Too much grease could splash on the rubber wheel causing you speed problems. A little lube is better than a lot.
Your machine will last you many many years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts