Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2022 Pro has a 2.8 liter gas tank that is somewhat inadequate for me. I want to get the 7 liter gas tank fitted to the subject models.

My dealer cannot find the part number for the 7 liter gas tank for the Kraken and Mountaineering models in the parts listing. Neither Ariens nor LCT can find the numbers either. It appears I need the engine number of one of these models to find and order the big gas tank.

Any help in providing the engine number would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Town, please update us as to how the replacement went...I thinking the same thing for mine and ran into the same issues of finding the tank.
Robert
I provided the Kraken engine # from @kozal01 to my dealer. He found a part # for the 7 liter gas tank as 43171 (the listing says it is 7 liters). However it is no longer available. I did one search of the internet for 43171 but there were no hits.

Quite the mystery. If I find something I will be sure to post it here.

Reactions: JJG723

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will the tank from a 420 predator fit? I think they're 1.7 gallon

I don't know where to buy parts but you might be able to find them on eBay from kart builds etc.
The Ariens AX engine has a different mounting system for the gas tank than the Honda. I would think the Predator would have the same gas tank mounting as the Honda. I mounted the Ariens B&S 420 engine gas tank on my Platinum. The B&S gas tank mounting is the same as the Honda. It is 6 liters capacity.

My Platinum is going to my son for next winter so he will have no gas anxiety problems. I will get the Ariens 7 liters gas tank or figure out a strategy for the existing 2.8 liter gas tank.

Thanks for your helpful comment.

·
Registered
479 Posts
No problem! I hope you can track one down, Ariens need to have this tank on all of their larger machines in my opinion.
I agree. Absolutely love the large fuel capacity. I got 3.5 hrs of runtime on a single tank this past winter on my Kraken.

Reactions: Town

·
Registered
140 Posts
It may be unavailable until they get caught up with the back order of machines. There are still plenty of people around here that have had one on order & still have not gotten it. So rather than sell a gas tank for $xx, they would rather sell the complete machine for $xxxx. Just speculation on my part though.

But if you want something with more bling.........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts