Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My ST724 - 932 series - would only shut off by choking it. I pulled the carburetor cover and one of the 2 green wires appears to have been cut off....I'm the second owner. Now when I removed the black wire from the switch to the throttle assemble the little tab on the throttle assembly also broke off. So 2 questions;
1 Where does the green wire, which is connected at on end to the engine along with the one going to the engine block, attach to? I know it's the kill wire but not sure where it connects.
2 Other than buying a new throttle assembly, I'm assuming that if I can get a tab the fits into the white plastic kill piece I can simply attach that to the black wire from the switch.....correct?

Thanks!

(I'd much rather work on the machine when it's 80 rather than 20!)

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
You don't need the wires connected to shut it off, none of mine are connected and so much so I've been negligent procrastinating even putting the carb cover back on. What I do is adjust the idle very low that it just naturally dies and shuts off when the throttle lever is moved in that direction.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
That green wire connects to the coil and when it get ground it will stop the spark so the engine dies, Have to make that repair on a machine I have also but this one I’ll need to pull the engine cover to get to the break in the wire, easy to do but a lot to pull apart and put back on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts