Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for a set of wheels for a 90’ Ariens 724. The ones that I have now are worn out and no longer sit tight on the axle. I can’t seem to find any wheels that are this style.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Dealing with the exact machine in almost pristine condition otherwise, What I’m doing is using some rims off a old MTD and plan to drill them to hold them on as the plastic wheels are horrible, have yet to do it but plan to make a jig on my drill press to make sure they get drilled in the center.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealing with the exact machine in almost pristine condition otherwise, What I’m doing is using some rims off a old MTD and plan to drill them to hold them on as the plastic wheels are horrible, have yet to do it but plan to make a jig on my drill press to make sure they get drilled in the center.
That was my thought, too. Do you have a picture of the wheels you’re going to use? I’m having trouble deciding what style might work best.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I’ll try and post some tonight, just moved so working on the blowers collection has been put on a back burner but I pulled them off a MTD branded machine and planned to switch the tires to some x-track I have from a Troy Bilt tires are narrower so they won’t stick out the side of the bucket

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
found some pics on my phone, tires are much wider and stick out slightly so the Troy Bilt tires are 13” dia with 6” rims but are only 4” wide so they won’t stick out the sides and should just be under the 24” width of the bucket. I’ll try and get a setup for drilling the rims this week and post some pics.

Reactions: Therealnpp

·
Registered
1,817 Posts

Reactions: Therealnpp
1 - 6 of 6 Posts