Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Need some guidance on tracking down a problem with a Tecumseh LH318SA 156549G snow blower engine on an Ariens 8526. This machine will start and run properly however after running for approximately 15 minutes, high or low idle, the engine will shut off. It will restart and be fine again for 15 minutes. Upon checking further I observed fuel bubbling out of the primer button, located on the engine shroud, just before it dies. I removed the carb and cleaned it thoroughly making sure the hole above the primer nipple was clean. No change. I then switched gas caps with a known good cap no change. In addition, when running if i use my finger to stop the fuel from bubbling from the primer, the engine shuts off immediately. Im guessing the motor is becoming vapor locked but am running out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
it sounds like the carb is flooding...system eventually gets to the same level as the tank.

check 3 things:
- float height; is it too low?
- needle / seat; leaking? changed recently?.
- float integrity; does it float? shake it, do you hear liquid sloshing around?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will tear it apart this weekend. The float appeared to be ok upon dissassembly as well as the height. Not sure if i replaced the needle and seat or not but will this weekend and see what happens. Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts