Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Good Score!...I used the same model last year. Added a 10hp engine, impeller seal, and Chute upgrade. Threw it High and Far, even the Heavy Wet Stuff We got Last Storm. How's the RH Axle Bearing? Those tend to go before the other side that has the Grease Fitting.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Good Score!...I used the same model last year. Added a 10hp engine, impeller seal, and Chute upgrade. Threw it High and Far, even the Heavy Wet Stuff We got Last Storm. How's the RH Axle Bearing? Those tend to go before the other side that has the Grease Fitting.
yea i would make an impeller kit for these. they really improve the performance .

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
honestly ive been tied up with customers blowers so i havent had much time to dig into it yet or even check the forum, but it seemed ok when i picked it up. its getting all new bearings in the blower end. jackmels how do you get the impeller off the shaft? do you need a shop press?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
To Remove the Impeller Shaft from the gearbox, There is a Threaded Sleeve with Grooves Screwed into the Back of the Gearbox. You Can Use a Chisel or other implement to loosen it, and it will slide down the impeller shaft. On the front of the gearbox, there is a Dust Cap. Remove that, and there is a Bolt that holds the shaft in.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Here's the breakdown...

Reactions: Jackmels

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sweet impeller can stay on then! makes my life so much easier. is the dust cap a sacrificial single use part?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Carefully use a 90 degree Pick, or it's Equivalent. You should be able to Reuse it.

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
finally got a chance to put her back together, i had to find another gearbox housing in my junk pile to replace the cracked one(didnt notice the crack at first). believe it or not gears were still somehow perfectly fine even after the bearings grenaded and the gearbox cracked. all thats left is a carb rebuild and fuel line replacement

1 - 13 of 13 Posts