Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - new member here. Found this forum when looking at the results of PaulX10's resto of his Ariens 924040. Absolutely stunning. I am the son of the original owner of another 924040 thats in need of some cosmetic and mechanical love. Still runs, decently, but the machine has plenty of stripped bolts (e.g. exhaust, carb cover, etc.). The motor could probably stand to be opened up and refreshed as well. Many hard Winters up here in MA over the last 40 years. Looking for someone willing to take this project on. Obviously willing to pay. Would love the final output to be something similar to what PaulX10's looks like, for reference...

https://scotlawrence.github.io/ariens/Page12.html

Any suggestions on where I can look to for help??

Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I'm in Ma.....Lakeville, but you have to realize the hours and expense such a restoration would cost you......in all likely hood more then a brand new machine. Kind of like pricing a classic car restoration as opposed to a new car. If you have feelings for the machine because of it's history, just clean it up and maintain it.....You'll have just as much fun and 1/10 the cost . BTW...I just strip the paint of the 924's lightly sand and prime with rustoleum primer, then cover with Rustoleum's Allis Chalmers Orange. I spray the outside of the machine and brush the inside. I wouldn't bother rebuilding the engine...just clean it up and touch up the paint....Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts