Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you might remember my Project snowblower from last year when i switched engines on my first snowblower. This year i am doing a paint job on that snowblower giving it it's original color. I am planning to strip down all the paint using a chemical based stripper, brushing everything with a grinder and sandblasting everything. For the paint i think i will use Allis Chalmers Orange paint?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Chevy engine orange is a 99.5% match matched the new scraper blade 99.5%

Its also a cermanic engine paint high heat oil gas resistance worked perfect for me
de1620

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Advance auto parts walmart amazon ebay
Your allis chalmers is a good 99.5% match as well
just not as durable be my take

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I use the rustoleum Allis Chalmers with good results...got 15 years on my first Ariens resto and paint is still perfect......

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Do you know where i could find that color? I was thinking allis chalmer orange mostly because i would only have to go to my agco dealer
your local canadian tire store will have the chevy orange, be careful not to mix it up with chevy orange-red .

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Instead of paying 100$ for a gallon of the original paint color, i finally decided to use some 30$ farm implement paint in another color considering that my snowblower won't ever be a museum piece. The new color is Caterpillar yellow and it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
816 Posts
good job so far. I have no problem with not going stock. Looking forward to final pics.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I don't know which I admire more,the ambition you have to do a complete teardown and repaint like that or the fact you actually have the room in your garage to do it.I have TWO garages and I couldn't refurb a birdhouse in either one of them.Nice,very nice.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't know which I admire more,the ambition you have to do a complete teardown and repaint like that or the fact you actually have the room in your garage to do it.I have TWO garages and I couldn't refurb a birdhouse in either one of them.Nice,very nice.
Fun fact, i don't own a garage, this is at my girlfriend house. Had to bring everything there where there was already 2 snowblowers getting worked on:surprise:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts