Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 924106 Ariens snow blower. From new the reverse low goes into reverse high on its own. Also the chute moves to the left on it's own. It is the chute style with the heavy cable for the chute tip deflector. I took it to a dealer, but nothing was done to it, it is the same. Any one have any ideas? Thanks, Mary

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Sounds like you need to find a new dealer! Were you charged for their ineffective fixes?

On the drive question, I'm not familiar with that particular model (and info on the 'net seems hard to find) but on every Ariens I've ever seen the speed-control lever has some sort of "notches" it locks into to keep it from moving out of position. On yours does the lever seem to lock solidly into the notches, or is it perhaps binding and not doing so? If you could, posting a photo of the lever might help.

Re the chute, on all the Ariens machines I've owned with the worm-drive mechanism for the chute (which probably is what yours has, again a photo could help), the crank turns so easily that it'll turn just from the weight of the crank itself. In other words, if you leave it in a position where the crank is not at the bottom of its travel, gravity will move the crank to the bottom and the chute will rotate along with it. Is that what yours does?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts