Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I change the pulley and the motor has a shaft 1 inch higher than it was, I have to buy new belts. I was wondering if stock belts are made with kevlar or another material ? My 926 LE had twin belts kit installed. I never changed the stock belts since this kit was installed. Bearing dealer here can sell kevlar belts for $26 (Can) each. Price is higher than Ariens belts so I suppose Ariens don't use kevlar belts.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
About the motor, you could not find an identical motor to match the old one??

You are going to have to very carefully use some good new twine to wrap around the pulleys to get a representative belt length and take the twine length to a v belt dealer and have them measure it using a V belt measuring gauge and be doubly sure to bring an old belt with you to match the cross sectional profile of the old V belt as you need to have the old belt there to get the right one to replace it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About the motor, you could not find an identical motor to match the old one??
I wanted to replace the B&S for a Honda GX390 I had in hand.

Ariens stock belts are made with what material ? Kevlar or other material ? I want to use belts at least as though as original ones.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Hello Legarem,

I am unsure if the use Kevlar in their V belts. Please be sure to take a twine measurement to get the right belts. you may end up going to a NAPA store or Farm and Fleet, etc. due to the change in the pulley geometry from the change in the output shaft height on the GX390.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts