Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey new here. First snowblower. Just picked up a ariens 30 deluxe 16hp Briggs and Stratton. Got a good deal cause I saw the choke broke off the carb. Can't seem to find a replacement anywhere. Do I just buy a new Carb? TIA

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Do you have a model number on the blower, will help us ID what parts are on it to replace

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Welcome to the forum! A specific model number for the engine itself would also help.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
The specific engine model number would help.

Another course of action is to figure out the exact model # of the carb itself. Inspect it closely, get the brand, and model #. That might let you look up a parts list, and get a number for the choke shaft itself.

But the handle that goes to it may not be considered part of the carb, as you found. I'd check the parts list for the blower itself to see if it's there.

·
Registered
892 Posts
The choke shaft's part number might be 791954, it's about $13.

Also, it's 16.50 ft-lbs, not hp. The engine would need to be substantially larger than 342cc to get 16hp out of it.

Can you get the Briggs part number of the engine off of the valve cover? I see some Briggs carb kits that come with that choke shaft. Also, you should try cleaning out the main jet before you buy a new carb.

·
Registered
892 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome thank you so much. Also, there is no filter or cover for the carb on the air side. There is supposed to be one right? Most carbs don't come with any cover that i can see.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would clean it Also, but have no idea what the main jet is or where it is lol. Not good with small engines.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Awesome thank you so much. Also, there is no filter or cover for the carb on the air side. There is supposed to be one right? Most carbs don't come with any cover that i can see.
No - snowblower engines don't have a filter - they can freeze up. Not much dirt when everything is covered in snow anyhow . . .

Myself, given a pristine OEM carb with a missing choke lever, I'd buy only the choke lever and run screaming away from 3rd world knock off parts . . . .

·
Super Moderator
2,677 Posts
Can't speak to a B&S, but I have bought more than 1 Tecumseh clone carb (Oregons) and I've swapped parts between the oem carb and the replacement before and they worked just fine. I suspect you could find a clone carb for that one that probably would be interchangeable also.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
I'm sure the parts to be swapped make a difference.

I just got a Chinese carb to replace a Walbro carb on a Briggs engine. I was hoping maybe the needles (for the float valve) would be the same, so that I'd have the option of putting the Chinese needle into the Briggs carb (the Briggs needle broke). But they were different, and not compatible.

But the choke-actuation lever (not the choke shaft itself) was able to be swapped from the Briggs carb to the Chinese carb.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help...my choke shaft broke on my Ariens 920013 serial # 075000

My choke shaft just broke. I have been searching the internet but I can only find the knob...

I even have a part number from my manual sksn4500 but companies said this does not show up...

Can you help...'

Thank you,
Stefan

1 - 20 of 20 Posts