Snowblower Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mary Lyn, it's great to have Ariens represented!

I am new to the forum but not new to Ariens products, my grandfather was a life long Ariens lawn products user, so I have been as well. I also love the Ariens snowblowers, I have a 1983 ST724 that I have had for about 10 years, and just yesterday I purchased a brand new 2014 Deluxe 28+ (darn pretty machine and looks like a brute!). I'm looking forward to our first snowfall so I can see what she can do.

Thanks again and welcome,

Justin

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi Mary Lyn, welcome to the forum. I do have a question regarding some warranty repairs on my '62 10ML60....nah, just kidding of course. Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Hi Mary Lyn, welcome to the forum. I do have a question regarding some warranty repairs on my '62 10ML60....nah, just kidding of course. Welcome aboard!
That's funny!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Ariens Warranty

Ray - LOL - Thanks for the welcome and the warranty comment. Our machines are built to last :). Is that the picture of your '62 snow blower on your profile? Is it still running?

Mary Lyn

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ariens Products

Welcome to the forum Mary Lyn, it's great to have Ariens represented!

I am new to the forum but not new to Ariens products, my grandfather was a life long Ariens lawn products user, so I have been as well. I also love the Ariens snowblowers, I have a 1983 ST724 that I have had for about 10 years, and just yesterday I purchased a brand new 2014 Deluxe 28+ (darn pretty machine and looks like a brute!). I'm looking forward to our first snowfall so I can see what she can do.

Thanks again and welcome,

Justin
Justin -

Congratulations on your new Ariens Deluxe 28+. Great choice! That is so cool that your grandfather was also a life-long Ariens user. We love to hear stories like that as we know we have an astounded customer, which is our goal.

I can't wait to see some pictures of the Deluxe 28 in action if you have a chance when the snow falls . . .

Mary Lyn

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
After looking threw this thread I have to say I'm very impressed. I may just be a future Ariens purchaser.
treedasher -

Thanks so much for the comment . . . I can help you with that :)

I'm looking forward to this forum as I can help you out and learn from you guys as well!

Mary Lyn

·
Registered
581 Posts
Ray - LOL - Thanks for the welcome and the warranty comment. Our machines are built to last :). Is that the picture of your '62 snow blower on your profile? Is it still running?

Mary Lyn
Yes, that's my '62 snowblower pride and joy, lol. And yes, it runs like a top with the original 6 hp Tecumseh on there, no modifications and it still throws snow 25-30 feet in the right conditions. I also have a '79 Rocket tiller that is my summertime Ariens toy. I picked up that dealer sign in the background from Ebay a few years ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome aboard Mary Lyn!
I'm a long time Gravely walk behind user, my newest is an '83, oldest is a '63. I replaced my old box store snow blower this year with a deluxe 30 and recently picked up a '66 repowered Ariens blower for my daughter.
I for one can say my dealings with the Ariens company have been very positive, even my nutty requests.
Thanks for the support and fine customer service.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Hay Mary Lyn. Nice to have someone from Ariens chime in.

Just thought I would share these two video's I did. Feel free to pass them on to others in the Ariens organization.

Some how I will need to get you photo's of my father Ariens Arrow from back in the late 60's as well as the Manorway he also had. Kinda neat to see the history I feel.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Mary Lyn,

Welcome to the forum from a longtime Ariens customer but a forum newbie. I just purchased a new Platinum 24 SHO last month, with a sno-cab. Unfortunately I find the dash mounted light to be a huge detriment inside the cab as the light not only shines directly in my eyes from the dash, but it reflects off the inside of the cab and back into my eyes even worse. I have disconnected the light. I am thinking of adding another external light mounted in front of the engine outside the cab, possibly an LED light.

My question is: What are the specs of the electric circuit that runs the light and hand warmers ? Is this a 60W AC system with 20W AC for the light and 30W AC for the hand warmers or is it a DC circuit with 20W DC for the light and 30W DC for the hand warmers? If I add another light, I will simply run the add-on light, and leave the stock light out of the circuit. Thanks in advance, and any help is greatly appreciated!
lebenfitti - I reached out to our Tech Service group, and they said there is only one charge circuit. It is a 60 Watt system that the headlight and hand warmers share.

They have heard of issues with the light reflecting back against the plastic window, and they said unplugging it is OK if you are working during the day and don't need the light. If you decide to add a remote light, they recommend using a 20 watt bulb.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Mary Lyn

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hay Mary Lyn. Nice to have someone from Ariens chime in.

Just thought I would share these two video's I did. Feel free to pass them on to others in the Ariens organization.

Some how I will need to get you photo's of my father Ariens Arrow from back in the late 60's as well as the Manorway he also had. Kinda neat to see the history I feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8J3wh4LfqI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78zIXIadcPU
liftoff -

I enjoyed your videos, and I will definitely pass them along as you have some great observations and comments. It was interesting to see the side-by-side comparison.

I would like to see photos of your Dad's Ariens Arrow and Manorway when you have a chance. It is great to see such passion for the equipment, and I look forward to seeing more of that on snowblower forum!

Thanks for sharing your videos.

Mary Lyn

·
Registered
33 Posts
lebenfitti - I reached out to our Tech Service group, and they said there is only one charge circuit. It is a 60 Watt system that the headlight and hand warmers share.

They have heard of issues with the light reflecting back against the plastic window, and they said unplugging it is OK if you are working during the day and don't need the light. If you decide to add a remote light, they recommend using a 20 watt bulb.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Mary Lyn
Thanks Mary Lyn. I was hoping for an answer of whether it was AC or DC as well. After some checking of the engine model number info on the LCT site, I believe it is AC (code I). The DC charging coils (code J) are probably only used on models with a batteries and charging circuits.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks Mary Lyn. I was hoping for an answer of whether it was AC or DC as well. After some checking of the engine model number info on the LCT site, I believe it is AC (code I). The DC charging coils (code J) are probably only used on models with a batteries and charging circuits.
lebenfitti -

Tech Service said the output is AC. A regulator/rectifier would be added to get DC voltage in the case that a battery is installed.

Let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks.

Mary Lyn

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Just wondering how many new snow blowers are sold every year. Not just Ariens but industry wide. I have no guess at all and would believe any thing.
Thanks Hanky

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Wow. Both Ariens and Honda have representatives here on the forum. Nice to see that you are reaching out to us snow blower owners and looking to answer questions and allowing us a way to get official feed back from Ariens with you and Robert from Honda. Welcome Mary Lyn we appreciate your input here on SBF. I may just stop in at the Power House and look at this years Ariens snowblowers

Mark

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
I may just stop in at the Power House and look at this years Ariens snowblowers

Mark
Mark, if your talking about the Powerhouse in St. Joe, look up Craig. Tell him Don's son Kelly sent ya. He will take good care of ya, as he has bailed out my father a few times with his ST1136 that is 30 years old.

If your talking about Powerhouse in Cloud,,,,,,,,,, I cannot help ya there, sorry.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Mary Lyn,

I have a question for your engineer type people. This came up on another thread (I understand you have a life and do not have the time to look at all the Ariens related threads) about stator output on the deluxe 30.

http://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum/ariens-snowblowers/32617-ariens-deluxe-30-stator-output-led-lights.html

Any way you can inquire to see if what I did by adding (2) 10 W LED's, (keeping in mind my set up is switched to run either stock head light or LED, not both), to my Ariens deluxe 30 blower model number 921032, in conjunction with hand warmers, will cause issues down the road? Please?

Thank you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Wow. Both Ariens and Honda have representatives here on the forum. Nice to see that you are reaching out to us snow blower owners and looking to answer questions and allowing us a way to get official feed back from Ariens with you and Robert from Honda. Welcome Mary Lyn we appreciate your input here on SBF. I may just stop in at the Power House and look at this years Ariens snowblowers

Mark
Mark - Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I'm excited to work with you guys, and I do hope that you stop in to Power House and check out the Ariens snowblowers.

Let me know if you have any questions or if I can help in any way.

Thanks.

Mary Lyn

·
Registered
841 Posts
Does any one have a idea???
The folks at OPEI (Outdoor Power Equipment Institute) collect wholesale shipment numbers from all major manufacturers. It's important to note these are units shipped from manufacturers to dealers, and NOT actual retail sales. Actual retail sales numbers are a little more difficult to obtain, due to carry-over on light snow years, and that many customers who buy snow blowers do not register their purchase with the manufacturer.

That said, the most recent yearly numbers (USA only) are:

Single-stage: 272,072
2-stage: 582,648
Total gasoline-powered walk-behind snow blower: 854,720 units

I've also read that over 90% of 2-stage units are wheel-drive (vs. track).

21 - 40 of 56 Posts