Snowblower Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Mark, if your talking about the Powerhouse in St. Joe, look up Craig. Tell him Don's son Kelly sent ya. He will take good care of ya, as he has bailed out my father a few times with his ST1136 that is 30 years old.

If your talking about Powerhouse in Cloud,,,,,,,,,, I cannot help ya there, sorry.
Yes, St Joe. Is the one I am refering too. Cool. I go there every once and a while to pick up some parts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
How about making an ARIENS motorbike? :D

That's what I do in the Summer. I ride.

Welcome aboard, it's nice to have a factory rep on here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a question... why not equip the Ariens Snowblowers with something like the Armor Skids. Then we wouldn't need to buy them separately... and they would be painted orange to match.

My Father had a Ariens snowblower back in the 80's... and then in the 90's, I bought an Ariens SS522 single-stage flapper... and then about a month ago, I bought a Deluxe 24 Now I'm in the big leagues.

Love it, love it, love it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I have a question... why not equip the Ariens Snowblowers with something like the Armor Skids. Then we wouldn't need to buy them separately... and they would be painted orange to match.

My Father had a Ariens snowblower back in the 80's... and then in the 90's, I bought an Ariens SS522 single-stage flapper... and then about a month ago, I bought a Deluxe 24 Now I'm in the big leagues.

Love it, love it, love it.
Congratulations on your new Ariens Deluxe 24 and being in the big leagues :)

I passed your Armor Skids suggestion on to our product manager for snow for their consideration. We do appreciate your thoughts and comments as we move forward in developing our products.

As far as your Ariens motorbike suggestion, I'm still trying to figure out which product manager would handle this line . . . Would definitely be cool!

Thanks for your comments, and I look forward to working with you on this site!

Mary Lyn

·
Registered
66 Posts
I second the call for better skids. I just purchased a new Platinum 30 SHO and the stock skids are perfect for asphalt and the auto-turn works beautifully. Unfortunately I also have a long gravel driveway and need to make paths to various sheds going over grass. On gravel and grass the auto-turn is useless and nonexistent. It is a nightmare to steer on anything except asphalt. I purchased the Armor Skids for just this reason. Why no manufacturer makes a quality dedicated skid for gravel is beyond me. I'm sure the percentage of owners who use there blower on unpaved surfaces is still considerable. All other aspects of the machine are great though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here's a quote of my post in the Ariens auto turn adjustment thread. http://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum/ariens-snowblowers/12298-ariens-auto-turn-adjustment.html
I just purchased a 2014 Ariens Deluxe 28" (921030) and had the "fishtailing" issue. I did everything in the video and the issue persisted. Then I contacted Ariens and explained my situation. Brent told me I would be better off purchasing a blower with a solid axle.
Needles to say I was amazed at the lack of customer service. It really surprised me after having read this thread. I had hoped after spending over $1000 on a snow blower they would send me a set of $20 skids to fix a known issue. Instead Brent suggested I return it and buy a Sears. Incredible!
I will buy a set of the poly skids to see if it really helps before returning it but I honestly can't recommend a brand that sells a product with a known issue and makes no attempt to correct it.
I really think you should address the scalloping/fishtailing caused by the sub-standard skids.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Good Evening Mary Lyn,
Possibly an unusual question for you. Is it possible to convert a 926043 to wheels and if it is possible can it be done without drilling the chassis? What I'd like to hear is that it just a matter of swapping parts.
Thanks,
Paul

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Here's a quote of my post in the Ariens auto turn adjustment thread.

I really think you should address the scalloping/fishtailing caused by the sub-standard skids.
I REALLY hope Mary Lyn Checks in on this one!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Below is a quote of my update to the Ariens auto turn adjustment thread.

O.K.! Rechecked everything, chute is square, tires the same size, everything is as it should be. I installed the poly skids and all I can say is WOW! I only have a light dusting but I can already see the difference. You can control and steer the blower with one hand! I did this same test on already cleared driveway with the original skids and it was an upper body workout. Now it's a breeze.
Why Ariens would ship this machine as it was is a mystery. Why their customer service would tell me to buy another machine and risk their reputation I can't fathom. It seems obvious to me that this issue can only cost more in reputation than the expense to fix. The fact that there is a sticky at the top of this forum and the three posts above mine in the sponsors section are about this issue should be a great embarrassment.

·
Registered
26 Posts
So the owners manual for my 2014 Platinum 30 says for an uneven driveway, the skids should be set at 7/8 of an inch. This may seem like alot, but the topic of Armor skids comes up and they are very well received. Why are they successful? Remember the Armor skids are successful because they smooth out the hollows on the driveway. If the armor skids are eight inches wide compared to the stock skids that are 4 inches you will have to raise the stock skids quite a bit to compensate. Half an inch lift on the Armor Skids is going to be about the same as one inch lift on the stock skids and the stock skids are going to navigate the hollows and uneven spots better since it will go down in the hollows better than the Armor Skids. Try setting the stock skids at 7/8 of an inch and it makes a world of difference and if you have a rough driveway you aren't going to be able to get to the pavement anyways since it is so rough. After the first couple of storms if you want to change the skids to half an inch you can do that too since you will have a small layer of ice and snow now anyways.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mary Lyn:

Also new to forum but not Ariens.

My first machine lasted over 30 years of hard use.

3 years ago I finally broke down and replaced it with a pro 28.

Very happy & hopefully no issues. Live in Wisconsin so the last 3 years were very light in snow fall. Less than 20 hours total so far.

Thanks for representing your great product

Arney

·
Registered
58 Posts
Headlight issue with cab

Hi Mary Lyn,

Question for you. I have a 2015 new Ariens 28 + 414cc and added the Ariens cab. The only issue I have is the headlight reflects off the clear vinyl window on the front. Makes the light useless at night. Do you have any suggestions.
Thanks,

Bob

Attachments

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Hi Mary Lyn,

Question for you. I have a 2015 new Ariens 28 + 414cc and added the Ariens cab. The only issue I have is the headlight reflects off the clear vinyl window on the front. Makes the light useless at night. Do you have any suggestions.
Thanks,

Bob
Bob, the following link should help you. Call ariens with the part number and they should send you the decal.
http://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum/ariens-snowblowers/70041-ariens-halogen-light-decal.html

Now that I looked at your photo, this decal may not help. Will be interesting to see if they have something for this,,,,,,,,

Reactions: Bob z
41 - 56 of 56 Posts