Snowblower Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 24 compact started the climbing when I added the longer skids. Check your adjustments.
I have the front weight too.
Even being in speed setting 1 or 2 the machine floated up on the snow.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just fixed my Compact 24 from bogging down. Top RPM was set at 2400 now at 3800. Should blow snow much better now.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Do mean 3400 rpm's instead of 2400?...I might increase mine if it ever snows again.
Nope the little tach said 2400rpm and now 3800 is what I set it to, doesn't mean I have to run it that high but it's nice if I ever need it. Very surprised by the low setting and the time I used it in the wet snow the engine did not impressed me much. May be different this round.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Nope the little tach said 2400rpm and now 3800 is what I set it to, doesn't mean I have to run it that high but it's nice if I ever need it. Very surprised by the low setting and the time I used it in the wet snow the engine did not impressed me much. May be different this round.
Wow,, surprise it even ran with a load of snow at 2400 rpm...let us know how she does at 3800...

·
Registered
385 Posts
SnowJoe- Any update on your machine? I was just thinking about your engine's rpm drop when you engage the auger. When I engage my D-28's auger, the engine gives a confident bark from the governor system, and then steadies back at the same rpm (as best I can tell by ear).
I love that sound. And then hear it bear down when it hits deep snow up to the top of the bucket and keeps on chugging! Sometimes, I still go, 'yee-haw!' when that happens. It keeps the neighbors entertained.

·
Registered
385 Posts
No snow is not a problem for me. It adds more time to the life of the snowblower.
My 1971 Ariens is 50 years old and it will probably outlive me.
So much for 'the life of the snowblower'.
The bigger issue, in my instance, is whether there will be any 's-a-a-afety concious' individual brave enough to run it after I'm gone!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts