Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a storm on Monday morning that brought heavy, wet, snow. It seemed to be more water than snow. I cleared our drive and the neighbors drive with absolutely no jammed or clogged chute. It blew the slop about 20 feet. My brother and many others in the community could not use their blowers. My brother and his wife ended up shoveling their drive by hand.
My auto turn worked fine but I do have the poly skids on it.
So far I am very pleased with this machine.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Makes a person feel good about their purchase decision when your still doing the job when other cannot. Congrats on your purchase.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Oleozz, what year is your machine? I have a 2011 Ariens 28 Deluxe which performs well overall, but I'd say it's Achilles heel is sopping wet snow and slush. It does not seem to pick it up well. The mess barely makes it out of the chute and often just burbles down the side of the machine.

I attribute this to the thin first auger and (especially) the 1/4" to 3/16" clearance between the 2nd stage impeller and the housing. Too much room for the water and slush to slip back behind the impeller.

I have been thinking of the Clarence/clearance modification ... but am being pokey about sourcing materials.

My Dad has a similar Ariens 28 ... but his is 2006 and he has the same problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts