Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks

I was out to my dealer yesterday and they have two models of the deluxe plus. One with 291cc and another with 414cc. Any one have experience with the 414cc? Trying decide between the two.

Cheers

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hi Folks

I was out to my dealer yesterday and they have two models of the deluxe plus. One with 291cc and another with 414cc. Any one have experience with the 414cc? Trying decide between the two.

Cheers
Are you in the northeast? I heard the big motor is a limited special build for the North east market...Some of us were guessing they were short on 291 engine assemblies, so they slapped on 414's.
I'd go with the 414 if the price difference isn't that huge.

I personally think it's ridiculous to have all these different CC engines now that there is no US supplier. It probably cost no more or only slightly more (material weight) for the Chinese to produce a 400cc than it does for a 200cc. Ariens should put the 6.5 clone on all 2 stage compacts and the 400cc on all 2 stage large frame machines and eliminate the confusion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live in Newfoundland, Canada. The 291cc is 1699.00 and the 414cc is 1899.00. We get a lot of wet snow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the recommendations. I had the Deluxe 28 Plus 414cc delivered today. Can't wait to give it a try.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Thanks for the recommendations. I had the Deluxe 28 Plus 414cc delivered today. Can't wait to give it a try.
You certainly will have the chance to use it as this week end calling for many flakes at your end. Have a report on our desk after the storm pronto;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts