Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
Do not run it until you change oil ..... ... stuck float or needle valve .... needs a carb clean, or replacing the float .. new carbs are cheap these days as well ... start putting SeaFoam and Stabil in your gas cans .... run a little bit after oil change and change again if it was me.

Running with gas in the oil will destroy an engine in short order.

Put a shut off in there as well and use after every use if your concerned about future issues.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Thinned out oil from excess fuel is recipe for disaster with an engine. Pull the carb and check the float lever. Also take the float and tap it on the ground after you dry off to see if it's leaking, had one of those last year that threw me for a loop until I found the float was sinking that had pin holes in it. Put in a new float the engine ran great after that.

·
Registered
in the garage
136 Posts
Ariens deluxe 28 problem with oil and fuel. It come fuel in the oil..what can be the problem??
The oil is get gray..
cleaning Carb, is complex, check your Jets, there's a few,. check bottom screw under the Bowl, that screw has mutiple jets you can clean, there is also the lower jet adjustment with a small plastic cap, located in the middle of the bracket (nut size 5/16), there is also a hidden jet up top around the brim of the Carb. check needle, your O rings, dump valve, float, float hub, gaskets etc. not sure which motor you have, on a Tecumish this might be a little familiar.

post a photos of your carb, maybe we could point that hidden jet for you, if you do not have it great, but if you miss that hidden jet, everything you did might affect all the work you have done, specially during winter.

·
Registered
in the garage
136 Posts
When I picked up my Snapper 1030, previous owner said she is a no start blower, I took it to the garage, and adjusted the lower jet and was able to get her started and died. So I know she have compression and lots of spark, and I suspected the Carb right away.

I have most of my parts ready to get dumped in some Atomik soup of mine haha, and parts has left China already haha and should be here soon, I'm feeling good so far, can't wait till I get my parts and give her a nice crank. Here are some frescos, hope it helps.

They also said fuel and oil was a issue, and some surging.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Gas Electrical wiring Automotive tire Nut
Sleeve Gas Glove Bag Personal protective equipment
Motor vehicle Asphalt Gas Road surface Font

This was the Head, when I first took it to the garage. The before flick.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Everyone that said to rebuild your carb are correct. Change the oil without running, then run the engine till it heats up and change the oil at least once again. Changing oil is always cheaper then changing engines.

·
Premium Member
1979 (or so) Toro 724 (38050) and 2018 Ariens Platinum 24
1,564 Posts
More often than not, on a non starting adjustable carb, simply running the needles in until they gently bottom and backing them out to where they were will resolve a no start condition. If crud is in the needle, this clears it, and then running fresh fuel can often do the rest. Try it first - nothing to lose, and works more often than not.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts